My 2012 Amazon Freebie Challenge

vodkafan

I seem to be going strong so far this year and I am inspired by Kell's Kindle Klub which I think is a great idea. So in order to regularly be able to post a review on there I have decided to embark on my own small challenge. This is to read and review just one (or at least one) Amazon Freebie book every month. I will post the review on the kindle club thread and on Amazon .co.uk too. I will try to pick a different book than others have so as to be useful.

Anybody please feel free to join me.

January's book is : The Penal Colony by Richard Hersely

Nice to see, that I'm not the only one who roam the free eBook section on Amazon.

And, reading your posts, I saw that the UK version seems far more interesting.

I began thinking about registering there as well.

Just for freebies, to avoid money changing fees.

I just finished The Penal Colony. By Richard Herley.

This was a stonking good read. I think it goes in the genre of speculative fiction. It is set in 1997, (so was possibly written a few years before that?). An innocent man called Routledge has been wrongly convicted of rape and murder , by the normal process of British law. What is diifferent in this version of 1997 is that a right wing government has taken tough measures and made several islands off the UK coastline into penal colonies where certain categories of criminals are sent for life, with no chance of reprieve.

Routledge wakes up at Sert, an island off the coast of Cornwall and his ordeal begins.

In his first days of confusion and mind numbing fear he has to fight for his survival in this new unforgiving society . He is a quantity surveyor, unfit and soft. Can he possibly survive ? Or will he succumb to madness?

There is nothing second rate about the writing, the book is gripping throughout. definitely worth downloading.

Nice to see, that I'm not the only one who roam the free eBook section on Amazon.

And, reading your posts, I saw that the UK version seems far more interesting.

I began thinking about registering there as well.

Just for freebies, to avoid money changing fees.

it doesn't work to download ebooks from amazon.uk while you're in germany. I already tried...