Diane's Bookcrossing Books - 'To Be Read' Pile (ongoing)

Inver

Having been a member of Bookcrossing since 2004, a lot of books have passed through my hands/swapped/bookringed/rayed etc and I have inevitably ended up with quite a lot on my shelves. These books have Bookcrossing labels inside and I have to admit I have neglected a lot that have come into my possesion.

My aim now is to read some of these, starting 2012. I can hopefully pass them on to fellow bookcrossers/book club forum members, as I do so.

I will list them here as I read them. Of course I have plenty to choose from but I am not going to make a list as such. I may select a few that I will try to read which have been on my TBR list on Bookcrossing and have been registered by other Bookcrossers and sent to me and have more than one person make a journal entry for the book.

Wish me luck.....this could take me quite a while to get through. The link to the Bookcrossing site to find out more is in my signature for those who want to know what it is all about. (I am registered as 'Inver' on there too)

THANKS FOR VISITING

Edited by Inver

Proposed list to choose from
'A Simple Life' by Rosie Thomas
'Vanishing Acts' by Jodi Picoult
'A Fine Balance' by Rohinton Mistry

'An Orkney Murder' by Alanna Knight

Read
'The Cave' by Kate Mosse (not one on my list but a recent book sent as a RABCK)
'The Necklace' by Cheryl Jarvis (a recent bookring)

'Still Alice' by Lisa Genova (a recent bookring)
'A Thousand Splendid Suns' by Khaled Hossein(borrowed from my sister)
'Vanishing Acts' by Jodi Picoult (did not finish)(sent on to fellow bookcrosser via their wishlist)
'Dancing In A Distant Place' by Isla Dewar (sent on to another fellow bookcrosser via their wishlist)
'Slippery When Wet' by Martin Goodman
'Turning Point' by Bowering Sivers
'Keeping Up With Magda' by Isla Dewar
'My Dear, I wanted to tell you' by Louisa Young (a recent bookring)

'The Story of Us' by Marcia Preston

'The Memory Stones' by Kate O'Riordan

'The Abortionist's Daughter' by Elizabeth Hyde

'Variation on a Theme' by Barbara Delinsky (recent bookray, but unfinished)

'An Orkney Murder' by Alanna Knight (started but didn't finished, passed on)

'The Returned' by Jason Mott (RABCK sent by fellow bookcrosser and I will send it on)

'Left Neglected' by Lisa Genova (picked up at our local meetup from a fellow bookcrosser)

'The Vintage Teacup' by Vanessa Greene

'The Shoemaker's Wife' by Adriana Trigiani (RABCK I was sent by'bookfrogster)

'The Distance Between Us' by Maggie O'Farrell (picked up a charity sale)

'Mercy' by Jodi Picoult

'The Villa in Italy' by Elizabeth Edmondson

'The Christmas Wedding' by James Patterson & Richard Dilallo

Edited by Inver

I'm not sure if you're "open for business" yet, so I can delete this if not, but I just wanted to say that I read A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry last year and thought it was fabulous! :)

My Mum is a big Rosie Thomas fan, so I hope you enjoy that. I read Sunrise by her donkey's years ago and enjoyed it. I've been meaning to re-read it (although it's not the sort of book I tend to read these days) but I'm loathe to re-read much with such a large 'to read' pile! :giggle2:

Anyway, good luck. :)

I just thought I'd mention too that the link in your signature takes me to my own page on Book Crossing, not yours?

'The Cave' by Kate Mosse

Review Here

Adding this as my first read of my challenge, although have to admit that it hasn't actually been on my bookshelf very long but it did have 8 journalers before me. It was sent as a RABCK. I will need to find a new home for it now I guess.

Edited by Inver

'The Necklace' by Cheryl Jarvis

Review Here

Again this is not a book that has been lounging on my shelf, but a recent bookring but it does have 11 journalers before me, so I thought it was worthy of a mention.

• 4 weeks later...

Review Here

Hoorah, managed to read and score one of the list of my TBR pile from the bookcrossing book list. This book can now move off the TBR shelf to Available (get in touch if you would like it).

Edited by Inver

• 4 weeks later...

'A Thousand Splendid Suns' by Khaled Hossein

Not one on my list but I had borrowed this one from my sister after reading The Kite Runner. Difficult to say if I enjoyed it, but one I'm glad I read.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

'Dancing in a Distant Place'by Isla Dewar

Review Here

Sent to me a while ago by a fellow bookcrosser as one I had on a wishlist....nice simple read.

Edited by Inver

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

'Turning Point' by Bowering Sivers

Review Here

Another Transita book I had on my shelf, quite enjoyed this one. Hopefully will be passing on to a fellow bookcrosser to send it on its travels.

• 4 months later...

'Keeping Up With Magda' by Isla Dewar

Review Here

Another book from my TBR shelf hoorah. I always enjoy of book by Isla Dewar, filled with great characters and settings. Another one to find a new home for.

• 1 month later...

'My Dear, I wanted to tell you' by Louisa Young

Review Here

My first read of the year and it was a good one. Had slight comparisons with 'Birdsong' but that didn't matter. This one was a bookring and is now on its way to the next reader.

Edited by Inver

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

'The Memory Stones' by Kate O'Riordan

Review Here

I picked up this book at our local Bookcrossing meetup in 2009. Have had it on my shelf for quite a while, so thought I should read and get it moved on.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

'Variation on a Theme' by Barbara Delinsky

This was a bookray I joined up for but I had hardly started and soon found out that I didn't like the characters or the way it was written and very dated, that I never finished it. Just wasn't my sort of read so no review for this one.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

'Left Neglected' by Lisa Genova.

Review here

Having read 'Still Alice' I looked forward to reading this one. Picked up at our local Bookcrossing meetup a while back from a fellow bookcrosser. It was enjoyable but I like 'Still Alice' better.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

'The Vintage Teacup Club' by Vanessa Greene.

Review Here

This one was sent to me by a fellow bookcrosser who saw that I had it on my wishlist. It was a bit of a chic lit, but enjoyable enough and didn't take me long to read, so adding to my reads for 2014 quickly.

Edited by Inver

• 3 weeks later...

'The Shoemaker's Wife' by Adriana Trigiani

Review Here

Fellow bookcrosser 'bookfrogster' sent me this as a RABCK and one from my wishlist. I'm so glad she did as I really enjoyed it. Adriana Trigiani weaves a lovely story.

Edited by Inver

• 4 months later...

'The Distance Between Us' by Maggie O'Farrell

Review Here

This was another charity sale find that I registered myself. I may now put it up on Bookcrossing or see if it is on anyones wishlist over there.

Edited by Inver

• 2 months later...