New food you've tried recently...

Maureen

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tonight I discovered freeze dried strawberries coated in white chocolate from Asda. They were yummy. I can't eat normal chocolate so I scoffed loads of them like a starving man. They had the texture of malteasers but the flavour of strawberries. Will definitely be getting them again. :)

I have always disliked soup apart from in restaurants so I decided I would give the 'New Convent Garden' soups a try and they are delish! I can't get enough of them!

So far I have tried Brocolli and Stilton and the Chicken one. But I also have the Pea and Ham and Mushroom ones sitting in my fridge. Tesco's are doing two cartons for

Wow! Every dish I cook, except for chicken soup, has garlic as one of the ingredients. Here in Malta having garlic and onions in the kitchen is as essential as having milk and butter in the fridge.

We use lot's of garlic too. It is very good for you.

All veg taste horrible once overcooked (I think I can say most foods too!).

Millie says I have to say that mushed veg is the best veg.:irked: Of course she is only six months old. I am sure she will shange her mind very soon, but it suits her just fine right now.:D

This week I have discovered blackberry sauce, blackberry pudding, tzatziki, and creme fraiche (tesco's finest). Also the new chocolate bars from dairy milk with fruit in, which were on offer, so I was naughty and bought both!

• 5 weeks later...

Prawns! As a kid and in my 20s, the only seafood I ate was out of the chippy, but now I'm getting adventurous in my old age. I just can't get enough of them, as long as they're already unshelled otherwise they look a bit like spiders with all those legs and so I can't touch them.

I have prawns with saag masala at least once a week now. I love the stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

sushi.. I never thought it would be so delicious :woohoo:

I've been a fan of Japan (culture, animation, food) for a while but I've just recently started experiencing with the food :) and I love it :drama:

If you don't like a raw fish, you can always use one from a can, and if you don't like fish at all, you can still make it taste great with vegetables or something else :lol:

I agree lexi. I've only started eating sushi this year and I absolutely adore it.

One thing I tried recently which was pretty funny was a frappuccino. Well I didn't know what it was, I live in the country and we don't have a Starbuck's handy. It was the middle of winter, a freezing cold day and there I was trying to get down this sub-zero drink. They put freaking ice in it :) One bad case of brain freeze later ....:) I'm sticking to my normal flat white next time.

I can't eat normal chocolate so I scoffed loads of them like a starving man.

Oh, Andrea... I feel like we need to start up a charity for you or something, to find a "cure," for lack of a better word, for not being able to indulge in the bit of paradise that is chocolate! (Yeesh, do you think I sounded enough like a pompous glutton? I honestly do feel a little sad you have to withhold yourself from that.)

I was going to mention frappuccinos, too. Since I'm not a coffee person, and in the Seattle area and dorm life people go out for specialty drinks a lot, I had to figure out something other than hot chocolate to have in July.:lol: All right, that isn't really a new discovery for me, but I did only recently try the double chocolate chip flavor. Induuulll-GENCE!

Well I tried Skate for the first time, I dont like Fish cos of the bones but my Landlord told me Skate dont have none. It was nice,

I love skate - it's quite a new one for me too.

One thing I thought I hated because I had only tried it pickled out of jars is beetroot. Now that I've tried it fresh either raw or roasted (with horseradish added) I love it - it's so tasty.

This may sound silly, but I discovered Panco bread crumbs a few weeks ago. A friend and I made this AMAZING Scallops Gratin recipe we saw the Barefoot Contessa do on the Food Network and it was delicious! Since then I've used Panco in many recipes that normally would have called for traditional bread crumbs.