New food you've tried recently...

Maureen

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ew looks horrid. I bet it tastes bitter.

it is.

and it does

(obviously just in my opinion)

i recently tried yogurt covered fruit. a colleague was bringing me supplies as i can't seem to find it but she's left now. :blush:

Actually I think it looks nice. That's why I bought it!

Its taste is similar to spinach - so if you do not like that..........................

:D

(remember popeye!)

I enjoy spinach very much and do like it in a fritatta.

POPEYE THE SAILOR MAN

I AM WHAT I AM!

I'M STRONG TO DA FINISH 'CAUSE I EATS ME SPINICH!

2zebgj5.jpg

• 1 year later...

During my childhood I had never eaten Garlic, my upbringing was very victorian. my dads side family are very old fashioned. When I met my first wife she introduced me to Garlic Bread. now I have garlic with most foods.

My most recent has to be jars of sun dried tomatoes in the nice sweet juices.

I eat them like sweets from a jar.

Has anyone else found a new food item they really like?

In the last couple of years I've started liking olives for the first time, and now I can't get enough of them. I also love the jars of sun dried tomatoes LIDL do some nice ones in olive oil - great for cooking with and also for eating out of the jar!!!:blush:

I discovered olives within the last 4 or 5 years. They were definitely an acquired taste but now I'm totally addicted.

I've never liked salad cream. My family lapped it up but I'd always turn my nose up. OH loves it - and now I've started eating it - and liking it!

Can't say I have. I have always liked what I still like now and still dislike what I never liked in the first place, which isn't much I might add. I have on numerous occasions retried some of the foods (mainly offal) I am not keen on and can honestly say that my tastes have not changed.

The only thing I can think of is peas. I have always hated peas - I used to gag when I would eat them & once threw up on my Mom's kitchen table because I was gagging sooo much. My OH loves peas - would eat them every day if I let him. Recently I have tried eating them again & I can (& always have been able to) manage fresh peas still in the pod - as long as they're not cooked, but I can now also manage to eat frozen petit pois. That's it though. The OH thought we were making such progress, so he went out & bought some minted peas as a "treat" - definate gagging! regular peas? Same thing - I think the sweetness of petit pois versus the others might be part of it. Whatever, at least I now know I can eat them, even if I don't fully enjoy doing it!

fennel!! i saw this vegetable on a cooking show, and realised it's been in the supermarket veg section all along.. so bought some, roasted it with the rest of the veges, and loved it! the aniseed flavour is not very strong, and it tastes a little like cabbage as well.. i really like this!

Plum Conserve, a jam-like garnish served with ham, chicken or pork. Mom cans it and I can eat it by the jar. Plums, rasins, walnuts in a sweet, thick sauce.

That sounds so yummy. Is there any chance she would share the recipe? I have huge old plum trees growing and an abundance of plums in the summer (as long as I get in before the wasps)

This one might sound a bit strange...but eggs.

I have always hated them ever since I was little but in the past few months I have tried scrambled aggs and an omelette and liked them! I still can't stand the look or smell of boiled or fried eggs though, but I guess it's some progress!

Not strange at all Princess - I'm very squeamish about eggs and will like them one minute and be repulsed by them the next.

Snap. Most of my family are the same. One minute I fancy making an omlette but then feel ill when it's actually made. Eggs are funny things.

I just discovered potato waffles and now I'm addicted.

During my childhood I had never eaten Garlic,

Wow! Every dish I cook, except for chicken soup, has garlic as one of the ingredients. Here in Malta having garlic and onions in the kitchen is as essential as having milk and butter in the fridge.

I discovered olives within the last 4 or 5 years. They were definitely an acquired taste but now I'm totally addicted.

We love olives. My favorites are the stuffed ones, which are usually eaten as apetisers (kind of Spanish Tapas). Usually these are piquant and a bit salty, ane they are always present when friends meet over drinks, or at parties - especially informal ones.