Harry Potter Books by J. K. Rowling

I love that too, how

it comes to that moment and you just know that he's Gryffindor material, it's really awesome to finally realise that and it just made me really happy xD cause Neville is as much a hero as anyone else in the story.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he was actually more a hero than the others in many ways.

His parents were destroyed - but not killed, he was bullied mercilessly by Snape, his grandmother belittled him and he was never quite 'one of the gang', and he didn't have the handholding support of Dumbledore that Harry had.

Yet he was an unassuming, hardworking, incredibly loyal young man. He wasn't bitter or moody, he just quietly got on with the task in hand,

even facing certain death to deal with Nagini.

Yep, that boy is a a real fave! :lol:

I think he was actually more a hero than the others in many ways.

His parents were destroyed - but not killed, he was bullied mercilessly by Snape, his grandmother belittled him and he was never quite 'one of the gang', and he didn't have the handholding support of Dumbledore that Harry had.

Yet he was an unassuming, hardworking, incredibly loyal young man. He wasn't bitter or moody, he just quietly got on with the task in hand,

even facing certain death to deal with Nagini.

Yep, that boy is a a real fave! :lol:

Very good points and i agree. To be honest, i actually sympathised more with him than Harry as i learned more about his past and he came more and more shaped in my mind. He's a brilliant character.

I still have many many books to read, but the 7th Harry Potter book is definitely my all time favourite at the moment. I'm reading it only for the second time now after 2 years, and wow, have I missed it. I'm still amazed at how J.K. Rowling came up with such an epic plot. Ahhhh. :friends0:

I still have many many books to read, but the 7th Harry Potter book is definitely my all time favourite at the moment. I'm reading it only for the second time now after 2 years, and wow, have I missed it. I'm still amazed at how J.K. Rowling came up with such an epic plot. Ahhhh. :friends0:

I've just re read it too! I found I picked up little things that I hadn't on the first read, little nuances that weren't essential to the plot but gave a more 'flavoured' reading!

Enjoy your read - you know the story now, so you can concentrate on all the in betweeny bits! :hug:

Oh yes yes, I love rereading books to notice the smallest things! Like in the first one when Snape paused to look into Harry's eyes for the first time.... I almost started crying. :D

Oh no, that's one thing I never noticed :smile2: I always told anyone who would listen that

he was a good guy and in love with Lily, of course my friends said I was being stupid, but I got the last laugh :)

With CoS being played on ITV1 2 weeks ago I have a huge temptation to re-read the books again. I think little things like that I will look out for. The last time I re-read it I was looking out for Dumbledore things after the news Jo gave us :irked:

Edited by Nightwish

Oh, and...

Oh no, that's one thing I never noticed :welcomebcf: I always told anyone who would listen that

he was a good guy and in love with Lily, of course my friends said I was being stupid, but I got the last laugh :D

I never understood how so many people guessed right with Snape! I was shocked. WOW YOU PEOPLE ARE SMART. I suppose I've never really been good at predicting with books. I think that's a good thing, though. ;)

It was ever since OotP came out that I realised, I thought there was more to it,

especially as Lily was defending him

I always imagined Dumbledore to be a ladies man and that McGonagall and Madam Pomfrey had a thing for him :welcomebcf:

Oh, and...

I never understood how so many people guessed right with Snape! I was shocked. WOW YOU PEOPLE ARE SMART. I suppose I've never really been good at predicting with books. I think that's a good thing, though. :D

Me and my brother were shocked too, definately hadn't thought about it...but it was really nice :welcomebcf:

I never really thought about it either. I was always greatly drawn and slightly sympathetic to Snape, most definitely an interesting, amazing and deep character but what happened was a surprise most definitely. Brilliantly developed.

I've been reading through numbers 3 - 6 again recently, and there's quite a few moments that i find hilarious. Anyone who remember the name ROONIL WAZLIB? That part where Harry tells Snape it's his nickname makes me LOL everytime. :irked:

And Harry said that that was what his friends call him :irked:

This is what makes it so freaking funny, you can just imagine Snape's face :lol:

LOL exactly. And there was this part in the sixth one, where I couldn't stop laughing.

That part where Kreacher just comes in and hits Mundungus in the head with a pot or something.

:lol::lol::(

HAHA that's pretty funny too :irked: she has a quick and sudden tendency to throw stuff like that in.

I also find Wood's pre-match pep talks hilarious, he's so desperate to win!

Now you mention it I can just imagine Snape's face! Priceless!! :irked:

Once I've finished reading the book for my book group I'm going to re-read the Harry Potter books, and I will look out for plenty of stuff. I love the comedy that the Weasleys bring :lol:

A quote I found pretty halirious from a Potter forum:

Harry finds out there is a new Dark Lord - "But I just got rid of the first one! Someone else has got to do it this time."