Harry Potter Books by J. K. Rowling

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just get impatient with the first ones.. I have no idea why

I think it's because the books get older. If you look at the first one, it is truly a children's book. The later ones are darker and older, the content deeper and enigmatic.

I used to get very impatient with books 6 and 7 but that was more than likely because i bought them on the day they came out and wanted to rush through before anyone spoiled it, now i tend to take everything in and enjoy each one :irked:

I think it's because the books get older. If you look at the first one, it is truly a children's book. The later ones are darker and older, the content deeper and enigmatic.

This is very true.

Books 1 and 2 are not really my favourites. I love book 3 because of the twists and the history of James and his friends, and it just goes from there really. Book 5 is my favourite! I know a lot of people hated it when it first came out, and the first time I read it it put me off. I was constantly re-reading books 1 to 4 before 5 came out, and I never read another Potter book again until before book 6 was due to be released.

I felt I enjoyed it more because I was older, it just seemed more adult and darker. I think it was the size that put me off as well.

Now when re-reading them I find book 1 and 2 so difficult. For me book 1 doesn't get going until they get to Hogwarts, and the first few chapters really do feel like a child's book. Book 2 I never really liked anyway.

It's really good when all the history, fueds, angst and the whole rich complexity of the Harry Potter world begins to twine together in your head, it just gets so much deeper.

I'm sad my parents didn't call me ROONIL WAZLIB - i would have been so cool :irked:

It really is. My favourite chapters are everything from the past and all Snape's memories. But with them being discussed to a certain extent I would love to know more. A book set in the days Voldy came to power or something either from James or Snape's point of view.

Oi! Roonil Wazlib! :irked:

A quote I found pretty halirious from a Potter forum:

Harry finds out there is a new Dark Lord - "But I just got rid of the first one! Someone else has got to do it this time."

That's hilarious Nightwish!! :irked:

I love the Harry Potter books but I was never a big fan of Harry himself. He never seemed like much of a hero - he was just incredibly lucky for the most part, and he had great people around him to lead him by the hand and help him out.

I do agree with this statement. Although I am a massive fan of the series, when I sat and thought about it, I realised that I don't actually like Harry all that much,found him to be a bit arrogant. I actually prefered some of the other characters more so.

It really is. My favourite chapters are everything from the past and all Snape's memories. But with them being discussed to a certain extent I would love to know more. A book set in the days Voldy came to power or something either from James or Snape's point of view.

! :irked:

What a great idea.:)

I liked the epilogue in a way because it is nice to find out what they are like when they are older, whos with who, what jobs they have. Always interesting when Jo gives us new news about the characters as well. But I found the epilogue let me down in a way because it was like a fairy tale with the happily ever after theme. Everything was so perfect for them.

It wasn't perfect for me though, not with

Dobby and Snape dead :irked:

Edited by Nightwish

I liked the epilogue in a way because it is nice to find out what they are like when they are older. Always interesting when Jo gives us new news about the characters as well. The epilogue let me down in a way because it was like a fairy tale with the happily ever after theme. Everything was so perfect for them.

It wasn't perfect for me though, not with

Dobby and Snape dead :irked:

I wasn't too keen on the epilogue - far too "and they lived happily ever after" for me. I would have preferred that she hadn't bothered with it as I think that it ruined the ending a bit for me.

Edited by Kimmy619

You know we would have been harrassing her for information :irked:

Although she has released a lot of information about the characters as adults anyway, so was it really necessary for her to include the epilogue?

She did wrong here, creating Scorpius Malfoy and Rose Weasley fans! :)

Sorry Rose, it won't work out :o

I thought the epilogue was okay. It wasn't TOO happily ever after for me, because of how Harry

named one of his sons after Snape

... That made me tear up a bit because it's JUST SO BEAUTIFUL! :irked:

:irked: I thought that Harry picked some kinda rubbish names!

My favourite character is Luna. My favourite book is actually Chamber of Secrets, followed by Half-blood Prince, I love the Voldemort back story I think, and having been looking for another book by JK after reading Philosopher's Stone for ages it made it all the sweeter! It used to change everytime a new book came out then after a while switch back again

:irked: I thought that Harry picked some kinda rubbish names!

This is what annoyed me most about the epilogue, i mean did she have to fit some of them in??

Anyway, i love Goblet of Fire for the simple fact that it's kind of a transition period in them all and there's so many amazing events throughout this one.

I admit I was disappointed that there wasn't more information in the Epilogue, I wanted to know what happened to everyone! And to have all my questions answered. I guess I will just have to hold on for 'The Scottish book'

Yeah, that's why I liked them so much. The plots were just more complicated and more darker ever since the Dark Lord (insert horror music here) came back, or whatever. Plus, all the deaths that were happening really touched me, I guess.

SIRIUS!!! DUMBLY!!! FREDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!! WHY!?!?

mkay, i'm done.

Regarding the epilogue, yeah, it was annoying at some bits, now when I think about it. Like, when he touched his scar and apparently it

hasn't burned in years or something

That annoyed me. I guess its because I realised, this is the end! or something, but I dunno. And the Names were just weird. I mean, wth. Hugo. Where did THAT come from?! Roonil Wazlib was so much better.