Harry Potter Books by J. K. Rowling

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some books that just never get boring no matter how many times you read them.

Harry Potter series is one example.

I've lost count of how many times I've actually read the series but I still laugh and cry at parts despite knowing what is going to happen.

I read the first two or three books when I was, like, 12 or something.

Now I'm 22 and finally I've read through all seven books.

Finished the Deathly Hallows today and am immensely pleased to have at last got around to reading them all. :giggle:

They're worth it, though!

• 1 month later...

I can't believe it's taken me this long to start them! After seeing how excited my sister was going to see DH part 1 I felt left out and I was determined to read the series before part two came out and I am loving them!! I can see why the so many millions adore them!

Yeah) First time I read these books when I was 11... Second time I did it when I was 13...Then when I was 15, :D and last time I did it when I was 17...Hmm...When there will be 22-23, I'll read them again..And I hope it will be the last time))

• 4 weeks later...

I have read the HP books at least 5 times now, starting when I was about ... hmm... 15(?) and the first ones became a hit.

I read them all through my late teens and early adulthood, and I enjoy them as much today as I did then.

It was a great help to me as a swedish person to learn english with these books because the language is easy enough for a 15-16 year old to read.

I must say I don't enjoy the movies nearly as much as the books, but then again I rarely do when it comes to that, they are too... hollywoodized :P

Also as a plus I finally managed to convince my hubby to give them a try, he is not an avid reader like me, and he has spead through the first 3 books reading one/day.

The books might not be up to a litterary classic standard, but they are absolutly a great read for anyone!

Edited by Nali

• 3 weeks later...

I'm re-reading the Harry Potter series at the moment, for the nth time.

I was in a bit of a reading slump at the beginning of the year and couldn't get in to any of the books I started, no matter the genre or author, but at the beginning of May I got the reading bug back and decided to kick off with an old trusty friend; Harry Potter...hence the re-reading of the series. I did, however, choose to alternate them with other books and so far so good. I've just finished the fourth one, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, today

Like others have said this series is in a league of its own and no matter how many times you read them they never get old. Far from it in fact as I'm always noticing something I didn't first, second or third time around so they are always worth a re-read. Plus there's something almost magical (no pun intended) about them. They're familiar and comforting and are nothing but pure escapism. I still find it hard to believe that the world that J K Rowling has created doesn't actually exist though. The attention to detail is simply stunning!

I'm re-reading the Harry Potter series at the moment, for the nth time.

I was in a bit of a reading slump at the beginning of the year and couldn't get in to any of the books I started,

How weird I have hit a reading slump too and have decided to re-read Harry Potter :friends3: .

I have read all 7 of them read the first 4 leading up to the 5th and then read the rest when first released and have always wanted to re-read them as there is so much content in them its easy to forget bits but I always think that re-reading a book prevents you from reading another for the first time but now I am starting to think more and more I would like to read various books and am starting to think about doing a re-read list.

Anyway last week I started re-reading HP and the Chamber of Secrets (waiting for me copy of HP & the P Stone to be returned)and then I finsihed it in time to watch the film last weekend, I much prefer the book and I have to say the synic in me started to think that JK was influenced by the films when writing the last two books as I think she got carried away with the fights/battles at the end :irked:

I love the Harry Potter movies and think they have done a great job with them, but you cannot beat the books. I'd pick the books over the movies each and every time. I am definitely going to be re-watching the movies though, once I've finished my re-read of the books!

• 4 weeks later...