Harry Potter Books by J. K. Rowling

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many Riddles come out of that? (and if anyone would own up to it?).

I'm tempted to see what combination of answers would make one a Riddle, if that is possible........maybe if I have some spare time later....................... :D

I like the simplicity of the Original Edition by Christian Peterson. I also like the Russian Edition.

Interesting that the German Children's Edition spells out her first name: Joanne K Rowling. That threw me when I saw it...I've never thought of her having a first name. :lol:

I think the current UK children's covers by Jonny Duddle are the best ones, excellent illustrations.

Yeah, those are pretty cool! 

I like the simplicity of the Original Edition by Christian Peterson. I also like the Russian Edition.

Interesting that the German Children's Edition spells out her first name: Joanne K Rowling. That threw me when I saw it...I've never thought of her having a first name. :lol:

I also like the Peterson editions for the same reason :yes: And yes, the Russian editions area really cool :o Very very dark. Adult stuff, I would say. 

I'm quite fond of the editions I have (UK Bloomsbury), but I love the last three sets in that link (especially Corley). The minimalist look is great! :)

There are more editions after those, you just have to click on the link :) They only allow 10 pictures on imgur, if you have more you'll have to click the link to see the rest :) 

I couldn't choose a favorite if I had to. I like some of the covers by Kazu Kibuishi (but not all!), and I am rather fond of the original UK Bloomsbury children's editions. The Jonny Duddle versions are really cool. Ooooh and the original UK Bloomsbury adult editions. I also like the M. S. Corley, Christian Peterson and Risa Rodil editions, even though (or because) they are so simple. 

I also like the original Dutch versions... I'm somewhat partial to the Finnish editions, but only because that's with what I started and I'm used to them. If I wasn't used to them, I'd probably think they are the worst ones out there :blush: Well, I don't like the French or German editions either. Although I do love the German Adult edition :D 

There are more editions after those, you just have to click on the link :) They only allow 10 pictures on imgur, if you have more you'll have to click the link to see the rest :) 

I couldn't choose a favorite if I had to. I like some of the covers by Kazu Kibuishi (but not all!), and I am rather fond of the original UK Bloomsbury children's editions. The Jonny Duddle versions are really cool. Ooooh and the original UK Bloomsbury adult editions. I also like the M. S. Corley, Christian Peterson and Risa Rodil editions, even though (or because) they are so simple. 

I also like the original Dutch versions... I'm somewhat partial to the Finnish editions, but only because that's with what I started and I'm used to them. If I wasn't used to them, I'd probably think they are the worst ones out there :blush: Well, I don't like the French or German editions either. Although I do love the German Adult edition :D

Ah I didn't know that, thanks!

I have a couple of those original Dutch editions, but my sister kind of took them as she loved the books more than I did, at the time. I bought the first four and she bought the next two, then she couldn't wait anymore so she owns the last one in English instead. I've no idea where they are, but I think she has the whole series in the attic somewhere. It's okay though, I have the English versions and I know how much the series means to her :). They are pretty covers though, nice to hear you like them too :).

The Finnish ones do have their appeal though I wouldn't call them the prettiest out there (but then.. I couldn't just pick one prettiest.).

Well duh, I knew that! :lurker:    :ontome:

The Finnish ones are nice, but I keep getting distracted by their large snozzes. :D

I think all of the covers have good and part points. The only ones I particularly dislike are the Bloomsbury Adult Editions (2013). The colours are too bright for my liking, and the text is too large, and the pictures are too difficult to make out in the background.

After looking at them all again (including the extra ones that I always knew were there  :ontome:), my favourites are still the minimalist covers I mentioned earlier.

I think my absolute favourites are the original MS Corley books. I like the retro look of the text at the top of the cover. It makes me think of old Penguin books. But I rather wish 'and' wasn't capitalised in each heading. My other favourite is the Risa Rodil edition. She(?) doesn't capitalise 'and'. ;)

Well duh, I knew that! :lurker:    :ontome:

I'm sure you did! :lol: You were just lazy. :giggle:

The Finnish ones are nice, but I keep getting distracted by their large snozzes. :D

That (or those!) is the exact reason why I dislike them passionately :D Although as I said before, I'm very much used to them because those are for me the 'original'. I didn't see the English originals till years later.

I think all of the covers have good and part points. The only ones I particularly dislike are the Bloomsbury Adult Editions (2013). The colours are too bright for my liking, and the text is too large, and the pictures are too difficult to make out in the background.

I agree on all the points you made about the Bloomsbury Adult Editions. They also make me think of Jeffery Deaver's paperbacks. And don't get me wrong, I love his novels, but it's not a good thing that the HP books would remind me of a whole other genre, author and books series.

I think my absolute favourites are the original MS Corley books. I like the retro look of the text at the top of the cover. It makes me think of old Penguin books. But I rather wish 'and' wasn't capitalised in each heading. My other favourite is the Risa Rodil edition. She(?) doesn't capitalise 'and'. ;)

:lol:  That's reason enough! :giggle:

Edit: Just googled her. She's 21 years old!!!! :o 

Edited by frankie

• 2 weeks later...