Movies You're Looking Forward To In 2012

Kylie

I can't picture DiCaprio as Gatsby, either. It is too far removed from the Gatsby in my head. That being said, great actors have surprised me before. I hope he does.

edit: He'll need to really embody the character, really comprehend him, in order for this to work. Anything but the deepest understanding won't cut it, I think. Maybe that's harsh but it is a great book and I hope he really strives to do it justice... If he can truly make Gatsby come to life, he'll be quite the artist. If not, that'll be just another movie I'll never recommend to anybody.

Edited by Hyzenthlay

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hobbit for sure; judging by how good the Lord of the Rings trilogy were, I'm expecting a brilliant film from Peter Jackson. I still need to finish the book, but luckily I've got a whole year to do so. I'm glad Ian McKellen is back as Gandalf, there's no one else who could have been that character, and from what I've seen so far from the trailer, it looks like it's going to be a fantastic film.

Also looking forward to the Great Gatsby. I wasn't a big fan of the book (I didn't hate it before any fans jump on me) but I'm interested in seeing how it'll play out in screen. Maybe it'll persuade me to give the book another go.. who knows!

Naturally The Dark Knight Rises. It's a colossal shame that Ledger bit the dust before he reached his potential (which is frightening in itself with respect to his Joker work) because I believe he could have cemented that characters legend, not in the same franchise way of a Jack Sparrow but perhaps another glimpse of the twisted nomad's intriguing and swinging psyche and glittering menace... a real villain for the frequently shallow Hollywood blockbusters. Bane seems like a bit of a stock choice, there were so many opportunities and rumours from Jim Carrey to Johnny Depp but we'll see, it's sure to be interesting if nothing else.

• 1 month later...

Looks like this has the potential to be a good film!

Surely not with Gemma Arterton in it. That girl has the the acting ability of a housebrick.

I saw an article about a British film called Fast Girls that looks very interesting. Rival/buddy type thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Taken 2

Breaking Dawn Part 2

The Avengers

Prometheus

Savages

I'm sure there are others too.

I like the look of Snowhite and the Huntsman too. It looks quite dark

Edited by Star

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to the Dark knight rises, probably going to leave the hobbit until I can see both parts together.

As well as a bunch of films from last year, and some that I've not got around to watching yet this year (Avengers and Chronicle mainly), these are the one's I'll probably watch that are coming out this year:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Ice Age: Continental Drift

The Dark Knight Rises*

The Words

007: Skyfall*

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey*

Les Misérables

Django Unchained

The Great Gatsby*

* Indicates most excited about.

• 1 month later...

Bloody hell. Thought I might book to see The Dark Knight Rises in a bit of style on Friday, so went over to the Odeon Leicester Square to have a look - they want £22 for a ticket for the circle! And that's for the lunchtime screening :o

Mister Pip! I hear Hugh Laurie will be in it! :smile2:

I saw that on Facebook today frankie, I couldn't find a release date for it though, other than it is 2012... Definitely one to watch though (especially as I have never got around to reading the book!). :)

I saw that on Facebook today frankie, I couldn't find a release date for it though, other than it is 2012... Definitely one to watch though (especially as I have never got around to reading the book!). :)

I couldn't see a release date either, but I figured it has to be 2012! :) And I also found the info on FB, I think you are a fan of Hugh Laurie's as me, and that's where we got it :giggle2:

The book is really great, I would recommend you read it :smile2:

I couldn't see a release date either, but I figured it has to be 2012! :) And I also found the info on FB, I think you are a fan of Hugh Laurie's as me, and that's where we got it :giggle2:

The book is really great, I would recommend you read it :smile2:

I'm a big fan, especially as my Steve and Hugh looked very similar in their younger days, he sometimes had people think he was Hugh when he was out! I've put the book on my wish list,I'll try and read it before the film comes out.. It'll be interesting to see him as someone other than House . :)