Chiara's reading list 2012

Chiara

I read 29 books in 2011, and my goal is to read 35 books in 2012. This is going to be quite a challenge since I'm very busy with school and I will be having a lot of important exams. I'm going to try to read as much as I can though! :readingtwo:

I will keep a list of the books I've read and give each of them a rating, varying from * to ******.

January

1. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold ******

2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins ******

3. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins *****

4. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins *****

5. Matched by Allyson Condie ***

February

6. Crossed by Allyson Condie ****

7. Eyes of a king by Catherine Banner (re-read) ***

8. The Time Traveler's Wife (re-read) ******

March

9. L'écume des jours by Boris Vian *

April

10. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss *****

11. The Maze Runner by James Dashner ****

May

12. The Scorch Trials by James Dashner ***

13. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (re-read) ****

14. The Wise Man's Fear *****

June

15. Like a charm by Karin Slaughter (and some other writers) **

16. De ooggetuige (The eyewitness) by Simone van der Vlugt ***

I hope this is going to be a great (reading) year for everybody! :bestw:

Edited by Chiara

Chiara

Good luck on your school classes . I read The Lovely Bones a couple years ago and REALLY liked it. It was a clever way of telling a story that is way too common nowadays -- kids coming up missing like that . It was upsetting in a way, thinking about what they must go through their final hours, but loved the book . I also read her other one called Lucky,which was also very good.

I've read Lucky as well. Very, very heavy reading as it is a true account of being raped when she was a university student. She's such a strong person with what she went though. I really liked The Lovely Bones too, but wasn't that keen on The Almost Moon.

Bobbly

Yes, Lucky wasn't an easy read, but I like books like that ,that teach me how another person might feel in a certain situation or how they dealt with it .

I didn't even know she wrote a new book .I'm a little bit out of the loop I guess .

Bobbly

Yes, Lucky wasn't an easy read, but I like books like that ,that teach me how another person might feel in a certain situation or how they dealt with it .

I didn't even know she wrote a new book .I'm a little bit out of the loop I guess .

Almost Moon was written a few years ago. Just checked Amazon and it looks like it was the last one she has written. I hope she writes more, as I'll always be willing to give them a read.

Chiara

Good luck on your school classes . I read The Lovely Bones a couple years ago and REALLY liked it. It was a clever way of telling a story that is way too common nowadays -- kids coming up missing like that . It was upsetting in a way, thinking about what they must go through their final hours, but loved the book . I also read her other one called Lucky,which was also very good.

Thank you! I totally agree with you. I also really liked that it shows very good the impact such a thing has on the family. Sebold describes it very good and I also found it very interesting to read what Susie's heaven was like. I don't really believe in heaven and hell, but I do believe there is something after death. I kind of found this ''something'' in Susie's heaven. I think some aspects are quite plausible and really could be like this in real life (or death).

I haven't read Lucky and The Almost Moon but they are on my TBR-list.

Happy reading for 2012 :)

How do you like The hunger games so far? I totally loved the books and just flew through them :)

Good luck with your 2012 reading! :D

Thanks and you too! :D I just finished The Hunger Games, and I totally loved it as well! It's a good thing my parents gave me all three books for christmas since I can't seem to stop reading the series. I give it 5 stars because it's well written, a great story, an excellent plot and it makes me hungry for more. :smile:

Edited by Chiara

• 2 weeks later...

So I just finished Mockingjay, the last book of the Hunger Games series. I had to cry a little because there were some really sad things in the book, but The Hunger Games series is truly amazing :smile: I'm still hungry for more Hunger Games, so I'm really looking forward to see the movie as well! Unfortunately it still takes two months before it is released... In the meantime I'll just enjoy a lot of other books :smile:

• 2 months later...

This is my current TBR-list. I will keep updating this because there are way too many books I want to read! :giggle2:

The green books are the ones I own. This way you can also see which books I own and which books I will be adding to my bookshelf (buying books has become a slight addiction). The ones that are red are the ones I really want to purchase in the future. The books that are striked through are the ones I read. I don't want to delete those from my TBR-list because I like to see how many books of the list I have already read :smile:

TBR-list

- Beneath the skin by Nicci French

- Until it's over by Nicci French

- Like a charm by Karin Slaughter

- Blindsighted by Karin Slaughter

- A faint cold fear by Karin Slaughter

- Kisscut by Karin Slaughter

- Bloodprint by Kitty Sewell

- Buried by Mark Billingham

- In the dark by Mark Billingham

- Knight errant by Garcia Robertson

- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (re-read)

- Room by Emma Donoghue

- Fallen in Love by Lauren Kate

- Rapture by Lauren Kate

- The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove by Lauren Kate

- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

- The Hunger Games Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

- The Hunger Games Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

- The Green Mile by Stephen King

- The Running Man by Stephen King

- The Long Walk by Stephen King

- I am number four by Pittacus Lore

- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

- Matched by Allison Condie

- Crossed by Allison Condie

- The Maze Runner by James Dashner

- The Scorch Trials by James Dashner

- The Death Cure by James Dashner

- Divergent by Veronica Roth

- The Unit by Ninni Holmqvist

- Battle Royale by Koushun Takami

- In the Country of Last things by Paul Auster

- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

- Cross Fire by James Patterson

- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

- The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss

- A year without Autumn by Liz Kessler

- The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong (re-read)

- The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong

- The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

- Eyes of a King by Catherine Banner (re-read)

- Voices in the Dark by Catherine Banner

- De reünie by Simone van der Vlugt (dutch book - re-read)

- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (re-read)

- The Butterfly Effect by James Swallow

- Eragon by Christopher Paolini

- Lord of the flies by William Golding

- The Dice Man by Luke Rhinehart

- The Hypnotist by Lars Kepler

- The Bodies Left Behind by Jeffery Deaver

- Still Life by Joy Fielding

Edited by Chiara

My daughter read the Kelly Armstrong books Chiara and enjoyed them a lot. I read the Dice Man a long time ago, I didn't rate it very high at all. It started off very exciting but ran out of steam.

Have you finished the exams now?

Yeah I already read the first and I liked it a lot either. They made one book with the whole trilogy in Dutch, so I bought it a few weeks ago and am very curious about part two and three. Ah that's a shame, I really hoped it would be a good book since I find the story very interesting. I will give that a second thought before buying it.

No not yet. I still have the possibility to take two re-examinations this week, I have a test tomorrow and I also have to visit my future university this week so I'm very busy. Then I'll have one week vacation and one week free from school to study for my exams and then they begin.. And then hopefully, I will have finished my high school and I will be going to the university :D