Your book activity in 2012

Kell

Not much reading done for me been super busy, and tired and my reading time has been inturrupted by the Stargazer Live on BBC two. Great thing to do with all the family :)

But I did read a couple of chapters of harry pOtter and the Order of The Phoenix. Isn't Harry Whiny?! On Chapter five. But I am enjoying it.

My tree book is also The mammoth book fo conspiracies. :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Frankie and Karsa

You may have convinced me to go ahead and get The Stand for my Kindle . I have heard so many people say it is in their all time favorite list,so it has to be good . I'll probably cave in and buy it today

The Kindle version is excellent, Julie - it even includes the illustrations. So much easier than carting around the house-sized paperback version! :giggle2:

Went to work early, just so I'd have an extra half hour of reading before starting work. This probably means I have a serious reading addiction!

I have made a long overdue start on 'Mr Chartwell' by Rebecca Hunt. So far it is dark and unsettling but beautifully described read. I am looking forward to reading on.

I look forward to your thoughts, Chrissy. It's a really interesting read. Glad to hear you enjoyed The Last Dragonslayer too. I think the second book in the trilogy just came out as well.

I'm determined to read The Stand this year. :)

As for me, I haven't had any reading activity (still haven't bought a book this year!) I'm hoping to get in a few pages of one of my 3 books before I hit the sack tonight.

Add me to the list for [re]buying The Stand. :D I looked on amazon, and found a second hand copy of the lengthened version. It won't come for [possibly] a couple of weeks, but that's ok, it's going on the tbr stack anyhow. I read the original version back when it came out, but that copy is long gone.

Well heck, I hate to be left out! Am ordering The Stand (for nook) when I get home.....I really prefer King's older stuff, but I missed this one.

Also, am 3/4 of the way thru Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Karsa

You are definitely making it sound even better with each post . Look out Amazon, here I come .......

I'm determined to read The Stand this year. :)

Add me to the list for [re]buying The Stand. :D I looked on amazon, and found a second hand copy of the lengthened version. It won't come for [possibly] a couple of weeks, but that's ok, it's going on the tbr stack anyhow. I read the original version back when it came out, but that copy is long gone.

Well heck, I hate to be left out! Am ordering The Stand (for nook) when I get home.....I really prefer King's older stuff, but I missed this one.

Crikey, what have I started? I think Mr King owes me some royalties :lol:

Ok gang

I just got The Stand on my Kindle .... could I interest anyone in joining me for a group read or buddy read with it ? Since it's a long one, it'd be good to have some reading partners . :readingtwo: :readingtwo: :readingtwo:

Ok gang

I just got The Stand on my Kindle .... could I interest anyone in joining me for a group read or buddy read with it ? Since it's a long one, it'd be good to have some reading partners . :readingtwo: :readingtwo: :readingtwo:

Sure, say that now that I've nearly finished it :doh::lol:;) I'm certainly happy to comment :smile:

It's sooooo loooooong I've already forgotten what happened at the beginning :giggle2:

Laura

You and me both, I keep finding more and more freebies .I'm not even as careful about choosing those ,since they are free. I do tend to weed out a few, but keep clicking away at the BUY sign .

I think its a bit of an addiction, I've just downloaded another eight :( and that is with going through too. Oh well, at least they are free!

Finished The Girl Who Played with Fire - excellent read, even if I did get slightly spoiled halfway through by watching the movie of the first book. Everyone had told me they stick with the format of the book trilogy, but there is a detail they've moved into the first movie that isn't revealed til about two thirds into the second book. Grrr.

About to start The Great Gatsby and thanks to this thread I'm determined to read my first Stephen King in 2012.

It's sooooo loooooong I've already forgotten what happened at the beginning :giggle2:

Karsa

Then you COULD restart it since you forgot the beginning ! ( Just joking ~)

Michelle

Thanks for showing me the thread change. I'll go in there to talk about it .

Ok gang

Sounds good, I prolly won't get it for at least a week, plus I am still only one third of the way through Cryptonomicon. Maybe for February? Whaddya think?

I'm 350 pages into 'Fall of Giants' by Ken Follett

How are you finding it Karen? It's quite a good story, though I think it gets a bit convoluted as you get further into it.

Ok gang

The Stand is one of my favourite books, but I have to say that the Kindle version doesn't have the best formatting. It doesn't seem to have the appropriate section breaks like the paperbook does, so you may find yourself reading one paragraph, and then the next one is about a different character and place, even though there wasn't a big gap between the two paragraphs. Hope that makes sense. It won't deter from the enjoyment of the book, but it may occasionally throw you. :smile:

I'm now reading my first Lee Child book, the first in the Jack Reacher series. It's exciting - action right from the start!

Edited by bobblybear

Just finished Me Before You by Jojo Moyes, a definite 4.5/5 for me, I couldn't stop reading it, I read till 12.45 last night and 12 tonight to finish it. It was a beautiful story, quite different to anything I've read before, uplifting yet heart rending, so well done, I can see why the author was chosen for the Richard and Judy book club.

I've gotten a few more Kindle books, not all free. I'll have to sort through them and list titles. Also started a 2012 wishlist, and will compile a list of Mount TBR. Not reading quite as quickly as I'd like, but at least I'm being organised about it!