Your book activity in 2012

Kell

Well, he will always be one of my favourite actors, and he did speak out for equality and against racism (at a time when it wouldn't make one popular to do so) and for that he will always have my respect. But he did treat his first wife pretty apallingly really, cheating on her for two year and gallivanting around Europe with Veronique (who became his second wife), while Greta was at home raising their three young children. Having said that, he and Greta always remained on good terms, so if she was able to get past it, I suppose that's what really matters. Besides, I suppose if you expect your heroes to be perfect, you'll always end up disappointed. I still love watching his films :)

P.S. Sorry if I have shattered your thoughts of him!

oh dear me! What a cad!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a surprise book packet in the post! :D Dear Jänet had sent me a copy of Tom's Midnight Garden, by Philippa Pearce! Thank you again, Janet! :flowers2::readingtwo::flowers2:

You're more than welcome - I'm glad it arrived safely! :D:hug:

I'm at my Mum's at the moment so I will reply to your PM later. :)

Finished Q & A, now starting Notes From a Small Island by Bill Bryson,

This is a bit of a departure for me, I very rarely read travel books like this, but I saw it on the return shelf at the library and picked it up. Hope it was the right choice!

Finished Q & A, now starting Notes From a Small Island by Bill Bryson,

This is a bit of a departure for me, I very rarely read travel books like this, but I saw it on the return shelf at the library and picked it up. Hope it was the right choice!

Bill Bryson is terrific! Enjoy. :)

I love Bill Bryson! I'm currently reading his Down Under - it's my 'read in the bath book'!

I hope you're enjoying it! It's one of my favourites of his, but I may be a little biased. ;)

I read a good chunk of The Lucy Family Alphabet by Judith Lucy today. She's an Australian comedian with a very dry and irreverent sense of humour. It comes across in her book, too. There are some great one-liners that have had me laughing (more like snorting) out loud.

Do you recommend Chris Ryan? I got a few of his books from a charity shop a while back and I am just about to start Blackout

I really enjoyed Strike Back. Its the only one of his that I have read, but for me it was brilliant :)

I hope you're enjoying it! It's one of my favourites of his, but I may be a little biased. ;)

I'm loving it! :D I've yet to read one of his I haven't enjoyed but this one is especially interesting. I might have to have a bath before I go to bed just to read some more!

I'm also reading Moon Over Soho by Ben Aaronovitch on my Kindle.

.. I've started this too :D and also The Moving Toyshop by Edmund Crispin and How to be a Woman by Caitlin Moran .. will I never learn :D

Hopefully I will finish today Dreams of My Father - Barack Obama

now starting Notes From a Small Island by Bill Bryson,

I am going to be a bit mean here and say that there is something wrong with you if you don't like it.

Edited by Easy Reader