Your book activity in 2012

Kell

Hi Fruska

I also found one in which someone finished the rest of the story. You might want to give it a look also :

http://www.amazon.co...8619736&sr=1-11

Drood fans may also be interested in The D Case by Carlo Fruttero and Franco Lucentini. It's out of print, I believe, but it seems there's an e-book version of it (in English):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/D-Case-Mystery-Edwin-Drood/dp/0701154233/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1328634007&sr=1-1

The BBC's adaptation of Edwin Drood around Christmas time was a cracker, by the way.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have just finished my 7th book of the year, The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan, it wasn't as good as it could have been and there were unanswered questions at the end, judging by the first chapter of the sequel I'm not sure I'll bother continuing with the series, unless I see it at the library perhaps.

So 7 books read, I'm definitely on target to reach 50 books by the end of the year, as long as I can fight off any mojo abductions of course! :smile:

I have not really been in the mood for reading the past couple of days. Been worried about something (though got good news regarding it today, a weight has been lifted off my shoulders) and just generally feeling under the weather (like I am about to get a really bad cold). So I ordered some books from amazon to cheer myself up.

I ordered the book on Anglo-Saxon history I was reading (the copy I was reading was from the library but I think it's good enough to own), Call The Midwife and The Great Gatsby. I'm going to go to the library tomorrow, return my books and get some more out.

Oh dear, went to Waterstone's today to get a book for hubby's birthday but they didn't have it...ordered online though, but came out with two books (like I need them) for me :lurker:

'Sing You Home' ~ Jodi Picoult (a 1/3 off the price so had to get it)

'Hannah's List' ~ Debbie Macomber (only £1.99 and a bargain, again had to buy)

:giggle2:

Edited by Inver

The Secret Holocaut Diaries? Its good, but so sad :(

Yeah, got it free for kindle. I do occasionally like books that make me sad, if the story and characters make me invested like that I think it's a good thing...occasionally! But I guess with the title (I can't remember the blurb exactly) you suspect it may have that affect going in. Glad you think its good so far.

Give us a chance, I've only just started it! At the moment, I'm still on the bit where a beautiful redhead is wandering naked round the set of Psycho. For some reason I'm finding it quite a slow read.

You'll be the first to know when I've finished it.

Right. :D Sounds good though, will investigate Amazon.....

Picked up The Road by Cormac McCarthy from the library today, looks like it will be a fast read for me. Loved the movie so I am looking forward to the book.

I loved the book, haven't seen the movie. Yet.

I was a bit lax in reading the last few days, but am about 3/4ths through The Stand. Verra exciting. :)

Edited by pontalba

I have just finished reading... A Haunting Among Friends by Terri Williams. It was a really good read. I liked the way the author used humor in most of the terrifying moments of their encounters. I couldn't put it down until it was finished. If you like to read about the true tales of the paranormal, then this is the book for you.

I'm still attempting to read The Stand . It's been very slow going ,not because of the book,which seems very good. I guess my mind has been elsewhere lately and not able to concentrate . Will keep on trying,but may have to pick up something shorter which takes less concentration .

That's at the gates of darkness done, now to wait for the second book in the next saga before I continue on with r.e.f. I will use this gap to read my other books, starting with the road I think.

Yeah, got it free for kindle. I do occasionally like books that make me sad, if the story and characters make me invested like that I think it's a good thing...occasionally! But I guess with the title (I can't remember the blurb exactly) you suspect it may have that affect going in. Glad you think its good so far.

I was sobbing like a baby while reading this last night, its good, but it is very harrowing.

I got Of Mice And Men By John Steinbeck in the post today.

Have just finished my 7th book of the year,

Great job, Chalie . You are right on track .

I have not really been in the mood for reading the past couple of days.

Abcinthia

You and me both .. I have to do something here to get myself reading again . Serious backsliding lately .

I finished my freebie book this morning before work, can't remember exactly what it was, not totaly gripping as you can tell. So I read abit more of The History Keepers tonight

I was sobbing like a baby while reading this last night, its good, but it is very harrowing.

I got Of Mice And Men By John Steinbeck in the post today.

Prepare to sob like a baby when you read Of Mice and Men, too. ;)

I've read a few more chapters of Nerd Do Well. Finally nearing the end now.

Prepare to sob like a baby when you read Of Mice and Men, too.

Poor lauraloves is going to get a headache and puffy eyes with all the sad books she's reading! :empathy:

I'm still reading The Maltese Falcon. It's a bit all over the place at the moment and I have no idea where it's heading.

Finished 'The Running Man' by Stephen King this morning and started 'The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ' by Philip Pullman. Not so sure I'm keen on the style it's written in, but will persevere to the end, luckily it's quite a short book.

I am nearly midway through the road, and I am kind of surprised at how much I am enjoying it, considering I know what happens in the end of the movie. Though I do realise the books often differ from the movies.

I finished a creepy horror story called Brodmaw Bay by F G Cottam last night. I've now started a very good novel called The Cyclist on my Kindle, about life in Unoccupied France in WW11.

Edited by SueK