Your book activity in 2012

Kell

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about halfway through Non-Stop by Brian Aldiss. It's pretty good.

When I initially typed that first sentence it came out as "I'm about hlafway through Non-Strop by Brain Aldiss". I can see today is going to be a good day! :rolleyes:

I am still reading Kelly Armstrong's Industrial Magic (which is a reread as I now own it) and finished a few over the weekend) I will update my list beofre it becomes too many again.

Edited by pickle

I'm about 30% through The Penal Colony by Richard Herley, and really enjoying it so far. It's a Kindle freebie.

I just finished The Penal Colony this morning, really enjoyed it too. :smile:

Now I'm reading The Final Murder ~ Anne Holt, I'm a quarter of the way through and enjoying it. :readingtwo:

I just finished reading To Kill A Mockingbird and A Clockwork Orange. To Kill A Mockingbird was a lovely book, I loved the way we got to see racial injustice from a child's perspective; it definitely added humour to some of the chapters. I'm still not sure about A Clockwork Orange at the moment. I started reading it after learning about aversion therapy in my Psychology class, and I'll admit that the book certainly made me think about free will. It also wasn't as hard to understand the language nadsat as I thought it would be, but it did make the book more interesting to read.

I've just started Lord of the Flies by William Golding. It's read by students in my school for GCSE English Literature so I've heard a lot of grumbling over it, but I'm going to delve right in with an open mind.

I really enjoyed To Kill A Mockingbird and Lord Of The Flies.

A Clockwork Orange is one of my favourite books. I also read it after learning about aversion therapy in Psychology. I also read One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest after studying about institutions in Psychology.

I really enjoyed To Kill A Mockingbird and Lord Of The Flies.

A Clockwork Orange is one of my favourite books. I also read it after learning about aversion therapy in Psychology. I also read One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest after studying about institutions in Psychology.

A Clockwork Orange is a great novel although it takes a few pages to get to grips with the language, the film is a classic as well! After many years of suffering CBeebies I find it good aversion therapy to having more kids! :)

Edited by The Good Citizen

After many years of suffering CBeebies I find it good aversion therapy to having more kids! :)

Hahaha. :)

I received a surprise book in the mail from Frankie today: I Want It Now! by Julie Dawn Cole, who played Veruca Salt in the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Thank you so much! :friends3:

I received a surprise book in the mail from Frankie today: I Want It Now! by Julie Dawn Cole, who played Veruca Salt in the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Thank you so much! :friends3:

Hehe, you're very welcome! :friends3:

Three more to add to the TBR pile: :readingtwo:

The Price of Salt by Patricia Highsmith

Plotting Writing Suspense Fiction by Patricia Highsmith

All Hell Let Loose by Max Hastings [boots on the ground/everyman stories of WWII]

Julie, I've started The Stand, only 65 pages in, but will definitely read it through.

Still Reading Indsutrail Magic - Kelly Armstrong and Going Postal - Terry Pratchett both re-reads as I was waiting for payday before I go on a book buying spree and guess what ITS PAYDAY!!!! Hi Ho Hi Ho its of to Amazon I go!!