Your book activity in 2012

Kell

Still working my way through The Sword In The Stone by T. H. White - planning on maybe reading one book or two books a month (it's in the Once & Future King complete collection), rather than trying to get through it all in one go. I read books quickest when I mix it up a bit.

Also started reading the first of my 'Months Of The Year' reading challenge books - April & Oliver by Tess Callahan. Over a quarter of the way through, and it's pretty good. Still reading 44 by Jools Sinclair too, but it's not very good so I'm just gonna finish it asap for the sake of completing it. It's definitely readable, just not very good. Free ebook though, so I'm not disappointed or anything.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished my Simon R Green book and started and finished my new book Lothaire (I loved it and stayed up to the wee hours just to get to the end)....back onto the other books I have on the go now

Haven't been on here for a while, but turning over a new leaf (sorry for the pun) as regards reading...I've just bought a kindle. Its winging its way but I'm not doing well at the whole "patience" thing :blush2:

I finished The Mammoth Hunters a few days ago & was tempted to carry on with the next book in the series but in the end I went for One Day by David Nicholls which I'm enjoying very much

After another busy week I have only managed a chapter a night of Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix. Around 25% through. It's good isn't Harry a moaning minnie in this book.

As for book purchases I have grabbed loads *Blushes* I'm hoping the novelty of my Kindle will wear off soon!!! *Eeeep

I was good last night and only got one book ...

Hush by Anne Fraiser

RE-starting Doc by Mary Doria Russell . A novel about the life of Doc Holliday , I started it previously and got sidetracked by something ,so will need to start over .

Sounds intriguing. :smile:

Hi Karsa

I'll give you an update once I get further into it. I bought it awhile back and started it and it was very good. I can't remember what happened to sidetrack me, but I will restart it today to refresh my memory of the part I already read .

Me and the Girlfriend popped to Monmouth today and we came home with the following:

1tsghz.jpg

• All three Hunger games £1.50 each
  • Welcome to my World £1.50
  • Doctor Who Collection (3 books) £3.00
  • The Butterfly Lion £0.75
  • The Simarillion £1.75
  • Doctor Who Annual 2012 (my geekiness there :))
  • A heart oil burner (girlfriends and not book related I know)
  • A Christmas Rat Mouse Thing for next year.

RE-starting Doc by Mary Doria Russell . A novel about the life of Doc Holliday , I started it previously and got sidetracked by something ,so will need to start over .

I loved Doc, thought it was amazing, and as far as I have read in the past, true. I found the ending to be a bit "lets wrap it up quickly", but that is the only thing that kept my rating a bit down. I reviewed it last year on my thread here.

I got notification from Goodreads today that I'm getting sent a copy of Sunburnt by M D Keating for review. And last night ifinished Howards End is on the Landing by Susan Hill (review HERE).

Me and the Girlfriend popped to Monmouth today and we came home with the following:

One of my absolute favourite children's books! Bought it at a book fair as a child, and re-read it again last year or the year before. Wonderful little story.

Today I finished reading April & Oliver by Tess Callahan. I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about it, and the best conclusion I can come to is that that various elements of the book really just didn't quite gel enough to provoke an absolute response from me. Will write a review later, my first proper review of the year! :D

After another busy week I have only managed a chapter a night of Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix. Around 25% through. It's good isn't Harry a moaning minnie in this book.

Really? I thought his whinging was at its worst in that book!

I haven't read much this weekend (as usual) but I did actually sit down and read for about 10 minutes straight yesterday. I can't remember the last time I did that. Most of my reading is in spurts of a couple of minutes these days. :(

1tsghz.jpg

• All three Hunger games £1.50 each
  • Welcome to my World £1.50
  • Doctor Who Collection (3 books) £3.00
  • The Simarillion £1.75
  • Doctor Who Annual 2012 (my geekiness there :))
  • A heart oil burner (girlfriends and not book related I know)
  • A Christmas Rat Mouse Thing for next year.

Is there some chocolate there that you're not mentioning? :DGreat books, I hope you enjoy reading them :smile:

Great haul poppy! :)

I am currently reading ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (book) and 'Just After Sunset' by Stephen King (kindle) :bookworm:

Edited by Weave