Your book activity in 2012

Kell

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished Plains of Passage yesterday & picked up Dead as a Doornail Charlaine Harris in the library for my next read.

We went to Waterstones this morning so the children could use their book tokens, not one to be left out I bought Pure by Andrew Miller. Must admit though I didn't find it as tempting to browse & buy now that they don't do the 3 for 2 offers.

Hoping to read some more of Gone With The Wind tonight..............

I think this was my favourite read last year and I found it so much better than I expected as well :smile: although I struggled a bit with some aspects of it. Enjoy :readingtwo:

I've just finished The Angel's Game - Carlos Ruiz Zafon. Did I enjoy it? Yes very much. Could I tell you what happened? No not really! :blush2:

I'm reading Just Henry by Michelle Morgorian - its supposed to be a childrens book, but its one of those adult readers and thoroughly enjoy too. I'm flying through it!

I picked up pied piper from the local library, and was surprised to find it is a very old copy with no year of when it was published within, and no blurb on what it's about.

I couldn't decide what to read next so I let my 11 year old daughter choose for me, she chose The Art of Racing in the Rain, judging by the recent fab reviews on here it was a great choice, I'll start it tonight! :smile:

I love this book. :)

I read about 30 pages of Catch-22 last night, and today I received 5 books in the mail.

This is on my (partly imaginary) to-be-read-very-soon list. :)

I finished Madame Bovary yesterday. It was okay - but not great. Every time I thought the storyline was about to move on, it stalled for seemingly endless descriptions of the scene. Some of the writing was beautiful, but a lot of it seemed unnecessary.

Started reading Twins by Marcy Dermansky this morning. It has been on my tbr list since June 2007! (And is not the oldest book on there.) I didn't realise it was a YA book. Looks like a good read :)

Hope it's okay to join in on this mammoth thread!

Inspired by Janet's Roald Dahl challenge, I bought myself James And The Giant Peach and The Magic Finger.

Both delightful - can't believe I went through childhood missing out on Dahl!

Have just ordered Matilda - and currently gone back to reading the second Tommy&Tuppence Christie : Partners In Crime.

A bit different from her usual books - as it is a-chapter-a-story.

I read 4 yes 4! books over the weekend, something that for me is a record. I can't believe that I read so much!

I read

• I Want it Now! – Julie Dawn Cole.
  • Pied Piper – Neville Shute.
  • Sold In Savannah (Pirates of the Savannah #1) Tarrin P. Lupo.
  • Battle Rats (Pirates of the Savannah #2) Tarrin P. Lupo.

and I am now reading The Rise of April (Pirates of the Savannah #3) Tarrin P. Lupo now.

Just finished 'Time's Legacy' by Barbara Erskine. I thought it had potential at the beginning, but rapidly turned into a ridiculous read. Now I'm about to start reading 'You Got Nothing Coming' by Jimmy Lerner.

I think this was my favourite read last year and I found it so much better than I expected as well :smile: although I struggled a bit with some aspects of it. Enjoy

Thanks, pipread. I'm enjoying it so far, but haven't had as much time to read as I've hoped. :smile:

Haven't had much chance to read the last 10 days or so, started a few, put them down.

I did receive in the mail today the 10th anniversary edition of Neil Gaiman's American Gods. It's supposed to have the "author's preferred text". Hmmm, we'll see.

I finished Neal Asher's Cowl last night and this morning I started Bernard Cornwell's Harlequin.

So you do read other types of books besides sci-fi!

:giggle:

I finished Anne Tyler's Ladder of Years, a bit of a let-down that was. I need to take a break from Tyler, I have found some patterns in her writing that could end up annoying me if I read too much of her in a short period of time.

Hence moving on to Self-Made Man!

I've had a few hard slogs recently and my mojo has suffered a bit as a result so picking up a YA - Crocodile Tears by Anthony Horowitz, in the hope of a quickish read to restart my reading! I don't read much YA but I love this Alex Rider series (maybe a sign I should read more YA...!)

I picked up two more books from the library today - The Reapers - John Connolly and The Kingdom - Clive Cussler with Grant Blackwood. My bf has been nagging me to read a Clive Clusser book for ages, so I finally picked one up! :lol:

Edited by Devi