Books set in book shops?

• 6 months later...

I'm not that sure about The Thirteenth Tale, it's only really the beginning which is set in the bookshop, although it does have a strong book connection, but the bookshop link is tenuous at best!

• 3 months later...

How about the marvellous Penelope Fitzgerald's The Bookshop?

or Craig McLay's Village Books?

Parts of The Book of Air and Shadows - Michael Gruber - are set in a bookshop.

Edited by willoyd

The Bookstore by Deborah Meyler is set in a NY bookshop (the clue is in the title! :giggle2:).  I read it a while back, and although I didn't fall in love with it entirely, the sections in the bookshop itself are great.

I have been reading this book on and off since last year.  Maybe I would enjoy it more if I actually read it through.  I think I keep putting the book down because it does not grab me.

I've almost finished Little Paris Bookshop, it's quite a nice read, very whimsical, and set mostly on a book barge, although it's more about books than an actual shop, in fact the way he trades I can't believe he would make enough money to keep going!  But the setting is lovely, I can almost see the scenery drifting by.... :D

I've almost finished Little Paris Bookshop, it's quite a nice read, very whimsical, and set mostly on a book barge, although it's more about books than an actual shop, in fact the way he trades I can't believe he would make enough money to keep going!  But the setting is lovely, I can almost see the scenery drifting by.... :D

Good to know! I even went as far as to check it out of the library once, but still haven't read it.