Penguin's 2012 Genre Challenge List

Penguin

I will update this list when I have chosen the books that I intend to read for the 2012 Genre Midi Challenge (decided to change from the Mini Challenge-28th December 2011).

As an addition to the Crime Fiction Genre both books read will be my first book that I have read by the particular Author listed.

As read in the rules I may change to one of the other two challenges or there may be a change of Genre during the first part of 2012.

The books listed are those that I intend to read for the challenge and on completion I will note the book as having been READ with the start and finish date of reading the book.

Midi Challenge – choose six genres and repeat them in rotation twice over the course of the year, reading at least one book from each genre on your chosen month.

Genre 1 – January, July

Genre 2 – February, August

Genre 3 – March, September

Genre 4 – April, October

Genre 5 – May, November

Genre 6 – June, December

Genre 1 - Horror/Thriller January, July

Genre 2 – Autobiography / biograply / memoir February, August

Genre 3 – Crime Fiction / Mystery March, September

Genre 4 – Newly Published in 2012 April, October

Genre 5 – Historical Fiction (Pre-WWII) May, November

Genre 6 – June, December

Month Book Title--------------------------------------- Genre-------------------------------------------Started Finished

January The Cursed Man - Keith Rommel Horror - about a patient in a mental institution 5 Jan. 10 Jan.

February London Dust - Lee Jackson Historical Fiction - a mystery set in historical London in the 1850s

March The Night the Angels Came - Cathy Glass Memoir - A heartbreaking true story of a young boy's loss

March The Hanging Valley - Peter Robinson Crime Fiction - An Inspector Banks novel

Edited by Penguin