Question about Green metropolis

Bigbananas

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

They may well be, Musie - the ones that tend to get snapped up from my list are usually the ones I expected to sit on the shelf for ages, where the ones I thought would be selling like hotcakes are the ones that wait and wait!

I just noticed that they sell textbooks as well. This will help me so much if I get accepted into college next year :D. I've already found books that I want to buy but can't afford for a few days.

I sold a text book onthere a cpuple of weeks ago. Didn't think it would sell as the postage was

I have a problem. I have a hardback book that I would like to sell soon and it is in excellent condition. I put the ISBN number in to Green Metropolis and it came up with the same book but a different cover and more pages.

Can I still sell?

Yes, absolutely, but if you notice there is a box for 'other comments' about the book when you come to list it. Just put a note in there advising the buyer that it is a different cover and has a different number of pages. You can even describe the cover if you want to!

• 6 months later...

I've no idea how they calculate it - I never even noticed it, so it must be brand new - I've certainly never rated anyone. I also have a rating of 3.93 from 81 ratings. No idea how or why as I always describe things as exactly as possible, package well and send the books as soon as possible (with a rider on all the books saying I can usually only post on Saturdays, so everyone knows that if they order on a Monday, they might have to wait till the end of the week for me to post it).

In case anyone doesn't get the newsletter...

New Seller Ratings!

Following feedback from both our buyers and sellers, we’ve made a number of changes to the way our books are listed and displayed for sale, which we hope you’ll all appreciate.

One of the biggest changes is the introduction of our new ‘Seller Ratings’. Buyers can now rate each purchase once a book has been received to reflect the accuracy of a seller’s condition rating, the promptness of dispatch and the level of packaging. This feedback is then used to produce a ‘Seller Rating’ for each seller, which is then displayed next to every book listed for sale, giving more choice to buyers when deciding which book to buy. These ratings are displayed next to the ‘Seller ID’, however we encourage all members to logon to their MyAccount homepage and set their ‘Display Name’ which will then be displayed next to their books listed for sale instead.

To start off the Seller Ratings, we've given every seller a score rating of 4 (out of 5) for every sale already made (meaning ‘satisfactory’), and then made adjustments for any cancellations, returns etc.

We hope these changes will not only give more choice to buyers, by enabling them to select between Price, Condition and Seller Rating, but will give more control to sellers, as we also increase the number of books which are eligible for postage payments, giving sellers more choice on whether they wish to add postage or discount their books, while still encouraging them to remain competitive and compete against other sellers.

In the meantime, with the holiday season fast approaching, we’ve put together a selection of great books ideal for the plane, train or a slow boat to china.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just had a look and you can cash in your credit. You provide your bank details and they put it in there for you.

And you don't have to give your address to the person buying from you. You only give your address if you're the one buying.

GreenMet are a professional company Laura, and I wouldn't have any worries about them having your bank details.

As for buying from them, I've had no problems at all. In fact, I believe it's less 'risky' than the likes of ebay, because they say that if a book you buy doesn't turn up, they will find you another copy. :tong:

As for selling though, I don't have much luck, even though I tend to only list new or excellent books. I might 'mooch' them instead. :006:

You register (for free) then you uplaod however much you want to into your Green Met account from your bank account (you can transfer it back to your bank account whenever you want to). The transactions on Green Met all happen via your Green Met account, so the seller never has access to your bank account details and you don't need to use anything like Paypal or send cheques (they don't even know your real name unless you use it for your user name).

Everyone who sells books on Green Met gets rated by the buyer. All buyers can see this rating before they decide to buy from that person. The ratings is a recent development - everyone was automatically put to being 4 stars. If anyone has a 5-star rating it's because they've had a lot of successful sales since it was brought in and have a lot of very happy customers.Most people are still at the 4-star stage unless they've been particularly bad sellers, in which case their rating will have dropped significantly.

You can also contact sellers for more information on the book they're selling to ask things like which edition (if you're a first edition collector) or whatever else you want to know. Again, it's all done through Green Met, so your email address isn't given to the seller. Your identity is protected at each step.