Question about Green metropolis

Bigbananas

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The strike in Scotland starts at 7pm on Friday night and only affect the Saturday delivery, and it's being sent to London, so it might slip in between the two strikes and make it to them by the weekend - LOL! :thud:

I'm not sure if I like it. On one hand it will be good when buying hardbacks as some people add silly postage on but on the other if books which aren't rated excellent or as new actualy sell anymore? I think it might encourage people not to be so honest with their book ratings now so that they sell more quickly.

I've had to contact GM a couple of times recently, as I oredered 'excellent' books, and they had spine creases etc. I'm always very honest, and mark mine down if anything, and I think it's unfair if people mark theirs as excellent (which isbound to sell quicker that good) when they're not.

I've had to contact GM a couple of times recently, as I oredered 'excellent' books, and they had spine creases etc. I'm always very honest, and mark mine down if anything, and I think it's unfair if people mark theirs as excellent (which isbound to sell quicker that good) when they're not.

What was their response Michelle?

I've only had a problem with one of mine - it said it was in good condition, but there were pages falling out and actually several pages of the introduction notes completely missing. Fortunately, none of the story itself appears to be missing, but I was a bit miffed that the description was so badly off. The GM staff were very nice about it and said they'd contact the seller about it.

Other than that, I've had only very positive experiences from GM - I'd say that 99% of the sellers are very honest in their descriptions and on the whole, people tend to be very exacting and have very high standards - I received books marked as "good" that were in almost perfect condition, which was a lovely surprise!

I received books marked as "good" that were in almost perfect condition, which was a lovely surprise!

Yes, that's happened to me too! Only thing is, it makes me paranoid that ones I've sent might not have been quite up to scratch :thud: But I am honest and I think I have quite high standards when it comes to book condition :lol:

The GM staff are great so if anyone does exploit/abuse their descriptions, I'd imagine they'd sort it out without fuss.

8 this month for me which is double the most I have ever sold in a month before:)

Wow! :lol: If you don't mind me asking, what did you sell? Were they new releases or classics, for example?

No-one wants the ones I've just added.. and they new/excellent <sulking> lol

Aw! :thud::) Don't worry, Michelle: I'm sure someone will want them! As I've said previously, I recently sold one I thought no-one would ever request!

I think sales can be very influenced by trends/new releases and even articles - I've just sold Norwegian Wood and I think it might be because Murakami's new (paperback) release has been reviewed over the weekend.

Also, it's holiday time: perhaps a lot of people are buying their holiday reads from GM!

I always seem to sell in fits and starts - one month I'll not sell any, then the next I'll sell six in the space of 2 weeks or something like that. Sometimes it's older books, other times it's newer ones. You can never tell what someone will be looking for...

Wow! :thud: If you don't mind me asking, what did you sell? Were they new releases or classics, for example?

Yep mainly new releases although I've had the Ian Rankin one on the site for ages

Relentless Simon Kernick

Confessions of a Working Girl Miss S

Rebus: The Early Years Ian Rankin

Judge and Jury James Patterson

Chart Throb Ben Elton

Wicked! Jilly Cooper

Secret of Crickley Hall James Herbert

Blue Zone Andrew Gross

The books I've listed are ones that I'll probably never read again and they're only sitting in my cupboard so I guess its better listing them and having the possibilty of selling them then them just sitting gathering dust, which is what they're doing just now.