Live Music

Brian.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From last night.  Because it was awesome.  Because he did it all wearing an ABBA t-shirt.  And because of Guthrie Govan on guitar (8:55 onwards).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGwly1I5SZE

The guy who took this video must've been sitting somewhere behind me cos it's almost exactly the view I had (when it's not blurry!).

Edited by Karsa Orlong

• 3 weeks later...

Delain at the O2 Academy, Islington.

They give good giggage but I do find their songs all tend to sound the same after a while.  Charlotte's a brilliant frontwoman, though.

Quite impressed by one of the support acts, The Gentle Storm.

I recently saw Paradise Lost at The Walfrun Hall, Wolverhampton. I really enjoyed it, not keen on the support acts.

I am going to see Judas Priest at The Civic Hall, Wolverhampton at the end of the month.

• 2 weeks later...

Great photo :giggle2::).

Have you seen them on previous tours, Gaia? :smile:

No, unfortunately not :(. They were nearby once, and I didn't go because my friends couldn't go, and since then I've regretted that. Then again, I'd be pretty scared on my own so :blush2:. But it's okay, I can enjoy their CDs at least :).

No, unfortunately not :(. They were nearby once, and I didn't go because my friends couldn't go, and since then I've regretted that. Then again, I'd be pretty scared on my own so :blush2:

Ah, that's a shame.  There's always this  :smile:

Completely understand not wanting to go on your own, although fans at metal gigs are generally pretty respectful of each other.  Having said that, I did have a bit of a to-do with two people standing behind me who were shouting to each other during the songs whilst Eluveitie were on stage.  I could hear them more than the band and it was irritating the hell out of me, coupled with one of them who kept taking photos over my shoulder so I had the fake shutter noise from her phone clicking in my ear  :banghead:   Turned round and asked them to shut up in the end.  Stupid thing to do really, cos it could have just made things worse.  Fortunately a couple of other friends turned up before Epica came on and pushed in front of them, so they moved away  :giggle2:

Ah, that's a shame.  There's always this  :smile:

Completely understand not wanting to go on your own, although fans at metal gigs are generally pretty respectful of each other.  Having said that, I did have a bit of a to-do with two people standing behind me who were shouting to each other during the songs whilst Eluveitie were on stage.  I could hear them more than the band and it was irritating the hell out of me, coupled with one of them who kept taking photos over my shoulder so I had the fake shutter noise from her phone clicking in my ear  :banghead:   Turned round and asked them to shut up in the end.  Stupid thing to do really, cos it could have just made things worse.  Fortunately a couple of other friends turned up before Epica came on and pushed in front of them, so they moved away  :giggle2:

That's true :D.

It's nice to hear metal fans are normally pretty respectful. I'm sorry about those people being disrespectful though, that is annoying :banghead:. I'm glad it worked out in the end :giggle2:.

I'm sorry about those people being disrespectful though, that is annoying :banghead:

I'll never understand why people pay good money to go to a gig and then shout to each other during the songs, thereby spoiling it for those around them.  Between songs, fine.  During them, go stand at the bar and let others enjoy what they paid for.

I'll never understand why people pay good money to go to a gig and then shout to each other during the songs, thereby spoiling it for those around them.  Between songs, fine.  During them, go stand at the bar and let others enjoy what they paid for.

Yeah, it just makes no sense. I fully agree with you.

Next week, I'm seeing Judas Priest at The Wolverhampton Civic Hall and next month on the 12th, I'm seeing Def Leppard and Whitesnake in birmingham at The Genting Arena.

• 9 months later...

Last night I went to see a Finnish rapper called Paperi T (which would translate as 'Paper T'). I don't normally listen to rap, but when I was watching an episode of the Finnish version of Gogglebox, one of the participants commented on the rapper who made an appearance at a Finnish music gala. A few weeks after that, on a Friday in April, I thought I'd give the rapper's album a go, and I fell in love with it. I've wanted to see his gig ever since then. I found out about his Helsinki gig in July and bought a ticket asap. 

I was not happy to have to go alone, once again, but I thought, I'd rather go alone than not at all... When the people were let in, I found out that it was an odd place: there were rows of seats :D I've never been to a gig where you can sit... We all sat, however. It was also one of those gigs where you could take young ones... I saw a few kids in their pre-teens in the audience. It was so odd for a rap gig.... 

But it was awesome :wub: I loved it. I was in the third row, happily enough. I love the music and the lyrics and I have to say, the rapper appeals to me physically, too :blush:   Best 15,50€ I've spent in ages! 

Edited by frankie

I haven't been to any music gigs in ages - the last one I think was Sigur Ros at Wembley about 3 years ago. They have recently announced some dates in the States for next year, so I am hoping there may be a new album soon with some dates in London, or better still their native Iceland. If that happens, I will be straight online booking a flight to Iceland. :smile:

I am not sure if this counts as live music, but I am going to Prague in about 4 weeks time (4 weeks today in fact) and have booked a ticket for my first ever opera (Rigoletto), which I am really looking forward to. It's something I have always wanted to experience, and it's so much cheaper out there, so it was too good an opportunity to pass up.  

• 3 months later...

I've just bought a ticket to a new Finnish rock festival, I only bought a ticket for one day, because all the bands I want to see are on Friday. I will be seeing Rammstein for the first time ever 9.6.2017!! :cool: I never thought this would happen... They've been to Finland before but I couldn't make it back then. Now I'm an adult with my own money and I can come and go as I please and I've already asked my Boss to get the day off :D:cool: Rammstein!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Love Rammstein! I saw them at a rock festival called Sonisphere in the U.K about 5 years ago and they put on a great show. I'd like to see them in their own show.

I used to borrow one of their concert DVDs from the library as a teen and watch it over and over again :D So I'm pretty familiar with some of their reoccurring stuff and thus won't be phased too much, I hope... :D I can't wait!!!