Susanne Vega

Big Audio Dynamite

Public Enemy

NWA

PIL

Snoop Dog

New Model Army

The Damned

Have also done all the major festivals.  Best live band was without doubt the Pixies.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sonova... *****! I just went to Korn's homepage, and they're touring again, and they're playing in Gothenburg, Sweden, on 6 July, the schedule info ends with that date so it's impossible to tell if that's the last show or if that's the last show they are at the moment sure of.

Keeping my fingers crossed so that they'll come and play in Finland!! They've been here before (I went to see them in 2011 in Helsinki), so it's not like it's definitely out of the question....

Sonova... *****! I just went to Korn's homepage, and they're touring again, and they're playing in Gothenburg, Sweden, on 6 July, the schedule info ends with that date so it's impossible to tell if that's the last show or if that's the last show they are at the moment sure of.

Keeping my fingers crossed so that they'll come and play in Finland!! They've been here before (I went to see them in 2011 in Helsinki), so it's not like it's definitely out of the question....

Are you a fan of the new stuff on 'Path of Totality', its quite a departure from their more traditional sound.

I may have a spare ticket for The Deftones' in Brixton on Wednesday going free if anyone is interested.

Are you a fan of the new stuff on 'Path of Totality', its quite a departure from their more traditional sound.

It took me a long while to get into it, but yes, I like that album too, very much :) When I heard they were going to do something like that, I thought they'd gone bonkers and didn't like the idea at all. But it's all good!

It took me a long while to get into it, but yes, I like that album too, very much :) When I heard they were going to do something like that, I thought they'd gone bonkers and didn't like the idea at all. But it's all good!

I've only really listened to it a few times myself but a few of the tracks stood out to me as being the type of song that would be great live. It is refreshing to see a band taking risks and trying something different, it doesn't always work (Metallica's Lulu for example) but it's always worth a shot in my opinion.

My son and i are off to Download this year so will see Korn then.  Not really my scene but he dragged me to Sonisphere a few years ago and didn't mind the heavy metal/rock at all.

Am going to the Newcastle Academy tonight to see LostAlone.  A guy i work with is playing in one of the support bands so i have free tickets.  Never heard any of the 4 bands playing but should be a good night. 

Well, my Ra-Ra Riot gig fell through :(  I thought my friend bought the tickets but apparently it slipped her mind and when checked over the weekend and they were sold out.

Good news is, she bought us tickets to see Mika in April to make up for it! :D  Very excited since I've never seen him live before.  Noll, I wish you were here to see him with us!!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm off to see Riverside at Islington Academy tonight, then the original Frantic Four (Status Quo) line-up at Wembley on Sunday, then Amplifier at The Garage next Thursday.  Busy week, gig-wise :smile:

• 1 month later...

I went to listen to a local metal band called Käärmeenkantaja ('snake bearer' in English) on Friday. I didn't, for some odd reason, expect to like it much but the gig was really good! The songs worked a whole lot better played live :yes:

You can listen to some of the songs over here if you're interested. They sing in Finnish, though. For example Sinä kosket was a song they played on Friday.

Coran and I are looking forward to seeing Icelandic rock group Sigur Ros At Wembley in November. We are both big fans of their music, me especially given my love of all things Icelandic. I know it isn't to everyone's taste, and I guess you would have to have been to Iceland to really understand their music, and what they mean when they say that they play the Icelandic landscape.      

Coran and I are looking forward to seeing Icelandic rock group Sigur Ros At Wembley in November. We are both big fans of their music, me especially given my love of all things Icelandic. I know it isn't to everyone's taste, and I guess you would have to have been to Iceland to really understand their music, and what they mean when they say that they play the Icelandic landscape.      

I'm yet to go to Iceland (although I plan to soon) but I am a big fan of their music. I discovered them completely by accident when browsing a local independent music store. I picked up Agaetis Byrjun when it came out (1999 I think) and bought it purely on the cover art which I though was excellent. I had no idea what the music would be like but at the time I used to buy the odd CD on a complete whim. It turned out to be a great purchase and it has remained one of my favourite albums ever since.

I have been to Iceland five times now, and hope to go back again next year. I love everything about the place - the landscape, the people, the history, the books, but most of all, the complete weirdness of all of it. I often think that I must have been Icelandic in a former life, as like them I am very independent with strong views on a lot of things. I also of course love books (they read and write more books per capita then any other nation on earth).  We could learn a lot from the Icelanders I think, especially their handling of their own bankers crisis. :smile:

I first came across Sigur Ros though when I wandered into a Reykjavik record store and asked what Icelandic music they would recommend - the answer was Agaetis Byrjun, which had not long been released. I must admit that I wasn't too sure to begin with, but the more I listened, the more I began to love it, and now I am hooked. I suppose like the country itself, it is the fact that it is so different that makes me love it so much.    

Edited by Talisman

The Mika show last month was fab.  His tour was called 'An Intimate Evening,' so it was very mellow and unplugged, I guess you could say. 

No other shows on the horizon, unfortunately.  The Killers are coming in August but to a venue I just hate.  I've seen them before but am just settling for trying to win the tickets rather than pay for them.

Sod, that Blues 'n Roots festival lineup looked great!!  How was it?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just got back from seeing Roger Waters play 'The Wall' at Wembley. It was hugely impressive.

It was a legend!! I saw Waters In Padua last July and it was amazing. I saw him in Milan in 2007 too, that was The Dark Side of the Moon gig. It's like facing the history of music in person. Brilliant!!

I haven't been to see anyone since Muse at Earls Court in 2004 :o Had tickets for the Wembley gig (2007) but was ill and Alan took a substitute .. he also took a substitute to Radiohead's South Park gig in 2001 because I was unwell. Concerts have become like holidays .. I've learnt not to pre-book them :(

Had a very strange obsession with Nelly Furtado during the 2000's .. practically followed her everywhere (here that is .. I don't fly well even for Nelly) to the point where she's probably relieved now not to see me in the front row of her shows :blush2: Used to wear my hair in two plaits and everything and wore the obligatory hoop earrings of course. I still like early Nelly but am cured otherwise. Did see her on her 'Loose' tour though and that must have been in 2007 so I have actually been to a concert since 2004.

I took this pic of her .. does she look slightly scared to you? :giggle:  :blush2:  

nelly.jpg

Need to get out and see more bands .. have been wanting to see Regina Spektor for ages and would like to see Mumford & Sons, Patrick Watson, Jake Bugg and Alabama Shakes but have just got out of the habit of booking up etc.  

^ She does, a bit :D I was a fan wayyyy back when she did that one album which she became known for... I'm like a bird, I only fly away, that song/album. It was quite odd to then see her doing Maneater stuff years after. Quite a change. (I loooove her song Say It Right! :wub:)

Karnivool, one of my latest favorite discoveries, is coming to play in Helsinki, 8.11. Tickets are only 23,50e. And I just found out that there's a ticket sale campaign, I might actually score train tickets to Helsinki and back for mere 20e (when usually a return ticket would cost me 70e). I'm now very, very tempted!!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mind that early Nelly song either. Poppyshake, you must have looked so cute in your plaits!

I'd love to see Regina Spektor too.

I just bought a ticket to see Franz Ferdinand in Sydney next month. I'm so excited! They haven't been out here for many years, and I've always regretted not going to see them when they were last here, but I wasn't much of a concert-goer then and was too scared to go by myself. Now I'm a 'seasoned' concert-goer and will have no probs going by myself. :D

Love Franz Ferdinand, Kylie!  Lucky girl :D

Last year I saw Muse, Black Keys, Young the Giant, AWOLNation, The Dig and Two Door Cinema Club.  This year, unfortunately, my show-going has been less.  Only because there haven't been a ton of bands I want to see coming through town.  I'm sad I missed the Killers in August but tickets sold out so fast plus I hate the venue they played in.

In the early spring this year I saw Mika, and tomorrow night I'm seeing Ra Ra Riot.  Then next week I'm seeing one of my favorite bands, The Dig.  Yahoo!!  They are opening for Leagues, with whom I'm not very familiar but it'll be a week night so I probably won't stay to watch them.