Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 16

Chrissy

different books on the go, all non-fiction, I wish to finish them all off soon so I can go back to reading one book at a time!

I hate having a few on the go too. I feel like I am not giving my books 100% attention :giggle2:

Hope you are well my friend x

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate having a few on the go too. I feel like I am not giving my books 100% attention :giggle2:

Hope you are well my friend x

I know, the books must feel like 'why doesn't she like me the best?' when I switch from one book to another. I really do not enjoy this!

I'm pretty well, it's just been one of those mind-boggling, hectic years for me :wacko: I hope you are well! It's so nice to see you on the forum again :friends3::JC_cookies:

@ Jessi - Thats awesome that you liked it in the end. My memory is not what it used to be would have given up because I would have forgot the plot and would have had to re-read it. Haha.

I did have to re-read a few bits! I think I read more than 1 at a time because I think that is the fastest way to a smaller to be read pile. Of course, the real way is to stop buying books - but I don't seem to be able to do that!

Frankie - I do feel really mean sometimes!!! I know what you mean about feeling bad!

I got The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson in the post today.

HOW EXCITING!!!!! One of my favourite books. I loved it so much. I have waited to read book three as I don't want it to end.

As for me only a couple chapters read at lunch. More will be read tonight. After Christmas wrapping. :grinhat:

But my lovely bro who had found out that no-one was buying me books called to ask what I wanted, and two write a list. *Gets excited* I'm so excited I've gone blank! Eeeep I don't know what to put on my list!

........I'm so excited I've gone blank! Eeeep I don't know what to put on my list!

Frustrating, but certainly something that'd happen to me! :icon_oops:

I've started The Scottish Prisoner by Diana Gabaldon. So far so good. Funny!! Love her sense of humor.

Edited by pontalba

Reading Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman and enjoying it so far. Struggling on with Haruki Murakami's What I Talk About When I Talk About Running .. it's not that it's not good, it's just that the subject matter is not floating my boat. He's making me feel guilty when I reach for another bourbon (biscuit that is .. I'm not that much of an old soak :smile:) he has enormous self control and I have nil ... I would love to say that he's inspiring me but he's not .. he's exhausting me :D

I have made a start on 'Major Pettigrew's Last Stand' by Helen Simonson this morning. It feels like a very gentle tale of country life and fits perfectly with the location I am currently staying in for my wedding anniversary.

@Jessi How can one stop buying books when the feel so lonely and they jump into your basket!!!!

I don't know!!! well... I can't!!! May have to accept the inevitable (that the TBR pile will never be in double instead of triple digits again!)

I gave up reading The Book Of Human Skin by Michelle Lovric and am putting Jude The Obscure on hold until after the New Year.

In the mean time I am going to read The Suspicions of Mr Whicher by Kate Summerscale and whatever Antonia Fraser history book my boyfriend has bought me for my birthday.

In the mean time I am going to read The Suspicions of Mr Whicher by Kate Summerscale.........

I read this a while back, and thought it was pretty good. Dry in places, but considering the crime, I was glad for that dryness of description.

I read this a while back, and thought it was pretty good. Dry in places, but considering the crime, I was glad for that dryness of description.

I've heard a lot of good things about it and have been looking forward to reading it for ages. I hope it enjoy it as much as you did :D

Should finish The Bible code 2 tonight, and read a bitmore of digital Fortress.

Also started the audio book version of The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo. I want to re-cap before I read the third. I do struggle with audio books though. :(

Read some more of A Clash of Kings, love it so much! I'm undecided whether to go to sleep now or just read a bit more.

I hope you read a bit more :giggle2:

As for me I did finish The Bible code 2.

Still reading Digital Fortress by Dan Brown. Hope to finish that soon.

Went round to see a friend and exchange presents while our kids played and we also talk book recommendations. She lent me the book Next by Michael Crichton. I must confess I have only read one and the most obvious of books (Jurrassic Park) but it looks right up my street I actually can not wait to read it!!! :readingtwo:

Also started the audio book of the Girl with the dragon Tattoo. I do float while listening I admire people who can keep up! I can't do two things at once. I have to keep rewinding. Glad this is just a catch up.

I finished Dead To The World & Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris, I enjoyed them both but think the 6th book has the edge, Quinn is such a good character :smile:

I'm now reading a Chicken Soup style book of short stories don't want to start anything major as I'll be getting my Christmas books in a few days :doowapstart:

Finished The Scottish Prisoner last night.....loved it.

Presently about half way through 1222 by Ann Holt. Norwegian mystery, high in the mountains, hurricane force winds.... :readingtwo:

Last night I started Black Shuck The Devil Dog by Piers Warren it is a while since I have had the wow factor soon as I opened a book, but it is beautifully well written and descriptive without being boring.

I live in Hunstanton which is a short way down the North Norfolk coast where it is set, I adore North Norfolk, and it got the description so so right, I felt it and smelt it, fantastic, the big skies, the salt marshes, the changes in weather was right to a T.

And as for the story, the characters are right and interesting, I just want to know what happens next ;) I need to get ready for work but all I want to do now is read read and read :readingtwo:

Nearly finished Digital Fortress. I don't have too much to say about it. Hope to finish real soon so I can start on Next by Crichton

while I was doing housework myself and my oldest were listening to Skullduggery Plesant. I have read the book before but my son has not. It was the first Audio book that I actually loved listening too and kept up with. Fantastic. We vowed to listen to more later :D

I'm currently reading a Finnish novel, Nenäpäivä, by Mikko Rimminen and I'm enjoying it. It was one of the nominees for the Finlandia book award in 2010. I think I might try and finish it today. Then I have the very pleasurable task of choosing what to read next, and which books to read over the holidays! I'm going to do nothing but read :)