50 Books Challenge

LozzerzxD

Heyy fellow bookworms,

I'm sure I'm not the only one on here that is a nerdfighter. For those of you who don't have a clue what this is, watch the vlog brothers on youtube. Basically, at the start of the year John and hank (the vlog brothers) created a site called Your Pants for nerdfighters(people who watch their videos). The site crashed a few months ago and I have been searching for somewhere else to speak to others with the same passion for books as me. Anyway, on the site, a topic was created for people to attempt to read 50 books by the end of the year, so upon finding this site, I decided to carry it hoping that others will want to do this challenge next year. I don't think there's any chance of me finishing the challenge this year because I've been so busy with school (last year of high school) so I've lowered my own target to 35 - 40.

This is my list so far:

1. The Lovely Bones

2. Jekyll and Hyde

3. The Crucible

4. Passing Places

5. Men Should Weep

6. The Importance of Being Earnest

7. Elizabeth Gordon Quinn

8. The Cheviot, the Stag and the Black Black Oil

9. Will Grayson, Will Grayson

10. Papertowns

11. Looking for Alaksa

12. Let it Snow: Three Holiday Romances

13. An Abundance of Katherines

There's far more but I can't remember half of them.

• 7 months later...

Oh, how I remember the time that I averaged on 50 books a year. (one book a week :D). Then I went to university and the only books I now have time to read are course literature and laboratory protocols.

Why do they call themselves nerdfighters? Isn't excessive reading seen as something rather nerdy? Why would they want to fight that?

Hi Lozzerz you came to the right place a lot of people on here read 50 books regularly year after year and many exceed that by a fair amount. I have read 50 already this year.

The ones on your list are those the ones already read? Some good ones there. If you have not already done so you can start a Reading Blog and keep tabs on them and write reviews.

Good luck

• 1 month later...

I always fail at those lists e.g. books to read before you die!

Me too ^.^ I pick my books with my gut feelings and sometimes I end up reading something really rubbish. I don't really keep track of what I've read either so I have no clue how many I've read this year.