What's your job?

Hyzenthlay

Oh yes Kylie!!!!...Loads...I could tell you some stories! Actually I do tend to write about mental health/psychiatry, which includes my experiences as it really interests me. They say 'write what you know' don't they??

Andie P x

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a full-time carer to my disabled son who has complex care needs. A part-time disability advocate and lobbyist. A part-time distance education student (Latin, and Religion and Philosophy). And like 70% of Earth's population an amateur writer.

I do have faint memories of a career...once...a long time ago...teaching IT at TAFE (Technical and Further Education) institute.

• 6 months later...

I'm currently working as an under-paid, under-appreciated Office Coordinator for a specialty construction company.

Not anymore! This past May, I got a job as a Client Services Program Assistant for a non-profit that provides services for victims of sexual assault. I work with amazing people, plus I make enough to support myself and my boyfriend, who is still finishing school. With my income, we've been able to move from our duplex to a cute little house closer to Seattle (and about 3 minutes away from my office), we've been able to pay down our debt significantly, and I was able to buy a new car (new to me, it's a 2003 Honda Accord, but at least it's from this century). I love what I do every day, and I feel so appreciated by the people here. I work mostly with the Therapy department, but also with Family Services and Legal Advocacy. Every day is its own reward, so I feel tremendously lucky. :D

Congratulations Echo. :alc:

I've had a few different jobs. Checkout at a supermarket, cleaner at a department store (that was the worst), cleaner at a hotel, and call operator for emergency services. I enjoyed that one, although it was stressful at times. I've also been a volunteer at an op shop, which I loved, and done various volunteer roles at my local library, I still deliver books to housebound people.

Currently, I'm mostly a single, full time mum to my two teens, who both have health issues. I'm also studying for a degree in library studies when the kids and my health allows. I've wanted to be a librarian since I was 4.

I'm a full time IT student ^.^ But since studies in Sweden are as good as free (the studies mind you, not anything else attached to it) I'm doing some evenings courses in art and design too. I work in the summer vacations to pay most of my living expenses when I'm studying. My last job was working in an antique store selling old china and even older clocks ^.^

Edited by Argon9

I'm a jobless student at the moment. Ideally I would like to get into medical research preferably cancer research. But I would be happy with any kind of scientific laboratory.

Forgot I wrote this... I now work in Medical research. I'm a research technician at the MRC Epidemiology unit in Cambridge.

After being jobless for far too long I finally managed to get a temporary position in my old university, working in their Computer Training Centre. We do a bunch of software training that even includes teaching staff how to use Facebook and Twitter within the uni! How awesome is that?! I haven't had many jobs (and most have been me sat behind a cash register, which I hated with a passion), but this job is one of the best I'll ever have. I love the nerds I work with, I have a lovely office with a gorgeous view, more lunchtime in a day than I know what to do with, and I'm allowed be on twitter and facebook half the day, as long as the work gets done! It's brilliant, I wish I never had to leave.

Engineering Consultant - working out of my home - doing technical review of Nuclear and Fossil-Fired Power Plants

January 17th will go back into retirement

During my last retirement I was an unpaid Marketing Manager for a Motorsport Racing Team (races were televised on CBS TV and our driver was a female from Vamcouver, Canada

• 2 weeks later...

1 week I drive a Flexi truck, the next I drive a reach truck and order stuff for the Flexi truck to pick, The next week I deal with goods in and mainly drive a Counterbalance flt. and so on.

post-8563-0-20721200-1357579211_thumb.jpg

Edited by dex

• 10 months later...

Just bumping up an old thread... I hope that's okay!  :giggle:

I work for an insurance broker  :sleeping-smiley-009  in fact I've been here for just over 3 years.

Not entirely boring, we are kind of a niche broker, we specifically do the insurances for strata/apartment buildings.

I am a Mum, of kids, dogs and a cat, therefore I wash, iron, clean, cook, bake, provide a taxi service, tutoring and counselling, bouts of DIY and gardening, help on school trips and with reading in the classroom, member of the school parents association and Christmas Fair organiser... and still my daughter asked me what I do all day! :D

• 8 years later...