Another Hello

Alexi

Hi guys, I've been lurking for a bit but am now taking the plunge and de-lurking...

I'm Alex, 25 from Manchester.

I stumbled here after starting doing a World reading challenge, which I took up having discussed it with Janet on another corner of the internet. I was googling for suggestions for more obscure countries and I found this place, quite by chance. Having explored a bit further, I found her too!

I read an awful lot of sports books (for work purposes) but I try a bit of everything else in between. I'm horrendously behind on "classics", which I am trying to improve! History and crime also form a large part of my reading material.

Also love travel, sleep and wine.

:D

Welcome Alexistar ~

I like true crime stories ,so maybe we will have some books in common that we both liked .

I'm pretty new here myself, but will go ahead and say welcome. I think you will like it here .Very nice people . :D

I stumbled here after starting doing a World reading challenge, which I took up having discussed it with Janet on another corner of the internet. I was googling for suggestions for more obscure countries and I found this place, quite by chance. Having explored a bit further, I found her too!

Hello you! :hug:

Thank you guys!

Hello and welcome. what sort of History books interest you?

I did a history undergrad a degree (a while ago!) so it destroyed a lot of my reading history for pleasure genes, so I've been getting back into it this year and last year. I mainly enjoy 20th century stuff, particularly social history. But to be honest I'll give anything a go post-1500, anything further back and my brain won't seem to process dates!