A book about a school girl setting fire to someone .....

I was recently recommended a book by someone but can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

It was about a young school girl who I believe had a troubled life & set someone on fire.

That's all I can remember.

I know that's very vague. Not sure if it's a true story, chances are it might be.

Anybody know what it's called?

Thanks

x

Hi Star

I'm not sure if this would be it ,and haven't read it ,but I think there's a book called Firestarter -- by a horror writer I think . Stephen King --Dean Koontz ? I have no clue, just remember the cover with a little girl who could start fires with her powers or something .

Yeah, Firestarter is by Stephen King. Not sure if it's the one you're looking for, Star, but it certainly fits the bill. Brilliant book :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Firestarter-Stephen-King/dp/0340899042/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1321449026&sr=8-2

Thanks for replies guys.

I did a search & I came up with those two books.

I'm 99.9% sure it wasn't them.

She didn't set the other person on fire because she had magical powers but I think because she had a troubled life or something & she was only a young girl at school. Might have it very wrong though lol :rolleyes:

I'm sure she said she thought it was a true story.

She also recommended a boy called it, which definitely is a true story.

x

Edited by Star

Could it be a Torey Hayden book? When I googled her name and 'set fire' I got this:

"As a sequel of sorts to One Child, The Tiger's Child picks up Sheila's story, following her through her teenage and adult years as Hayden continues to help the autistic genius adjust to the changing world around her. Sheila's early story is more fully told: she was pushed out of a car and abandoned on the side of the road by her mother at age four; her drug-addict father abused her; and she once set fire to a younger boy."

Could it be a Torey Hayden book? When I googled her name and 'set fire' I got this:

"As a sequel of sorts to One Child, The Tiger's Child picks up Sheila's story, following her through her teenage and adult years as Hayden continues to help the autistic genius adjust to the changing world around her. Sheila's early story is more fully told: she was pushed out of a car and abandoned on the side of the road by her mother at age four; her drug-addict father abused her; and she once set fire to a younger boy."

Thanks for that hun.

I think it could possibly be one child the first book about shelia if anything. I believe the atrocious act of violence they refer to might be setting another child on fire :rolleyes:

Even if this isn't the book I was recommended I shall add this to my wish list sounds a good read & has amazing reviews on amazon. Thanks again :friends3::D:giggle2:

From Amazon ....

This beautiful and deeply moving tale recounts educational psychologist Torey Hayden's battle to unlock the emotions of a troubled and sexually abused child who, with the help of Hayden, was finally able to overcome her dark past and realise her full potential. Six-year-old Sheila was abandoned by her mother on a highway when she was four. A survivor of horrific abuse, she never spoke, never cried, and was placed in a class for severely retarded children after committing an atrocious act of violence against another child. Everyone thought Sheila was beyond salvation -- except her teacher, Torey Hayden. With patience, skill, and abiding love, she fought long and hard to release a haunted little girl from her secret nightmare -- and nurture the spark of genius she recognised trapped within Sheila's silence. This is the remarkable story of their journey together -- an odyssey of hope, courage, and inspiring devotion that opened the heart and mind of one lost child to a new world of discovery and joy.