JackM Crime 2012

dex

Took a two night break from rebus having finished the black book which was good. Then I started a borrowed book, m connelly, The drop which was very readable, I read it from about 5pm till 1am, then the next day 5pm till 8pm. Being single with no distractions helps. Now reading Rankins, Strip jack and the rest of the set has now arrived so I will be starting the 2nd book soon and then reading them in order.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Authors on my bookshelf- quintin jardine, Michael connelly, ian rankin, stuart macbride, stephen leather, jeff lindsay, mark billingham, james patterson, colin dexter, ,john harvey, jo nesbo, steig larsson, mo hayder, john grisham,simon kernick, boris starling, conan doyle,.... Tom clancy, fred forsyth, pat robinson, colin bateman....... Feist, eddings, pratchett , jordan, anthony, tolkien, adams.

Edited by dex

If you enjoy Ian Rankin's Rebus novels, you would probably also enjoy Jo Nesbo's books too. They are very similar in subject and tone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Read Piers anthony , for the love of evil , then went back to rebus, somewhere along the line I read stuart macbride, shatter the bones which is a DS logan 'lazarus' Mcrae novel and the also one about birthdays which wasn't a logan book ,but I did enjoy it. Pretty sure it was macbride and not billingham.

I hadn't read any Rebus until last year and thoroughly enjoyed the ones Ive read so far (and 75p in a charity shop you can't really go wrong eh!) Realise you've already got him on your list but thanks to this forum stumbled across Stuart MacBride and really enjoying Cold Granite currently (almost finished!)

I may be being blind but I didn't spot Henning Mankell in the suggestions - I love his books (and the Yellowbird tv adaptations NOT Kenneth Branagh's!) The books are great, the first one, Firewall, I picked up by accident in the 3 for 2 offers in waterstones, so glad I never spotted the translated from the original Swedish comment at the front or I may have given it up as a bad job. I really enjoy his books, with or without Kurt Wallander!

There are three dodgy rebus books I've found so far, hide and seek , tooth and nail and dead souls. Reading resurection men now I've got about 4 left to read because I haven't got exit music onwards. I did buy a couple of short story collections. Then I,ve got 5 mo hayder and a jo nesbo to read.

• 2 weeks later...

thank you very much for reccomending ian rankin, rebus. Really enjoyed this set apart from 3 previously mentioned. Just borrowed 3 Rizzoli and Isles, sinner, mephisto, apprentice.

Easter sunday, read the sinner by tess gerritsen. Found maura to be so busy she distracted from the main storyline about the nuns. Didn't like this one much and won't be buying any.

Now reading a set I gave up on, by terry goodkind, the sword of truth. Originally read up to faith of the fallen.Temple of the winds is a waste of time as a new character to the series opens a box, then events unfold until it is closed. This adds absolutely nothing to the grand storyline. Having also decided to miss The pillars of creation, I am reading from the next book and am enjoy it so far. Title eludes me. Dex not 37 any time soon. Paul oliver duggan.

Edited by dex

• 2 weeks later...

Currently reading jo nesbo the leopard and have just bought the snowman. Authors on my shelf bought but yet to read, mo hayder jack caffery 5, stieg larsson millenium 3, tom wood the hunter, john harvey inspector resnick 4. I also have james patterson 3, and a mark billingham to read. Any suggestions on which of these I should read next. Thanks.

It has so far because there seems to be no rehash of harry's character, which I usually find irratating. But as I'm reading this I'm actually finding it harder because I know very little about him. I am sure if I had read from the start I would be glad.

Yes, it definitely adds to the books to know Harry's history. Also, I think The Leopard pretty much tells you what happened at the end of The Snowman, although I can't remember to what level of detail it goes.

Yes I know who the snowman is because harry meets them in the leopard, currently halfway through the snowman now. Enjoyed both so far.

Edited by dex