JackM Crime 2012

dex

I am male and I like crime and thriller fiction. I have read michael connelly,Bosch, haller, quintin jardine,Bob Skinner, marc billingham,Tom Thorne stuart macbride,Logan Macrae jeff lindsay, Dexter james patterson , cross.

I like all these authors and am looking for suggestions of who to try next as I have read all these books about 4 times.

Authors I have tried and not liked are stephen booth, david baldacci, jonathan kellerman.

thank you. (edited) 27/05/2012 mo hayder, ian rankin, jo nesbo, Would recommend these and have not tried steig larsson, have all been bought since being on this site.

post-8563-0-62033400-1358536872_thumb.jpg

post-8563-0-75160000-1358537061_thumb.jpg

Edited by dex

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Second the recommendation for Ian Rankin. Also anything by Jeffrey Deaver,Peter Robinson and I have just discovered Linwood Barclay

Welcome to the forum!

Ian

Hi Dex, I also like Connelly and would recommend John Sandford, Robert Crais, James Lee Burke. UK Authors I would also recommend Ian Rankin and would suggest trying John Harvey, Tony Black, Jim Kelly who would fit your liking of Mark Billingham and Quentin Jardine.

Jeffery Deaver for sure!

How about adding some excellent female authors to the list ;) Karin Slaughter is my favorite and I also like Kathy Reichs. Patricia Cornwell?

There are authors such as Richard Montanari, Mo Hayder, Karen Rose that have their fans here on the forum, I haven't yet read any books by them so far but will do so at some point.

You could also try a Bryant & May thriller by Christopher Fowler.

Edit: Ian's already recommended Linwood Barclay, so I can only second that :)

Edited by frankie

Hello and welcome to the forum dex.

Have you tried any Ian Rankin books?

No I've only seen some of the rebus tv episodes, are the books better?

Jeffery Deaver for sure!

How about adding some excellent female authors to the list ;) Karin Slaughter is my favorite and I also like Kathy Reichs. Patricia Cornwell?

There are authors such as Richard Montanari, Mo Hayder, Karen Rose that have their fans here on the forum, I haven't yet read any books by them so far but will do so at some point.

I've read some gerritsen, rizzoli and isles, also la plante's red dahlia. Yes I had to look up how to spell rissoles!

Jeffery Deaver for sure!

I read the first five lincoln rhyme novels and gave up. Do they get better.

No I've only seen some of the rebus tv episodes, are the books better?

I'm not a big fan of them, but that is mainly because I'm not too keen on that genre rather than because I think he is a bad writer. The ones I have read have seemed quite well thought out and written crime stories. I'll read one every now and then for a change, they are just not my type of book.

Hi Dex, I also like Connelly and would recommend John Sandford, Robert Crais, James Lee Burke. UK Authors I would also recommend Ian Rankin and would suggest trying John Harvey, Tony Black, Jim Kelly who would fit your liking of Mark Billingham and Quentin Jardine.

Does ian rankin write differently, when he's being jack harvey?

• 1 month later...

Hi. I am having the same problem, but fear I have posted my issues on another place where it will never be discovered. (I'm new and clueless!) anyhow if I can help you then all good. I Have just discovered a great author called Stephen Leather. He has a series of books with a character called Dan 'Spider' Shepherd. (he does another with a character called Jack Nightingale, which I haven't read) I could not put these books down, I tried to read them in order, mixed a few up but it didnt seem to matter. The first is 'Hard Landing'. Enjoy! Let me know what you think, but no matter what I pick up now..well its just not as enjoyable!

I am now reading Alex Grey, Inspector Lorimer novels, which I am enjoying. I ony have 3 at the moment, over christmas I will be reading the fifth witness, haller by micheal connelly and rough justice and fair game,dan spider sheperd by stephen leather.

• 2 weeks later...

alex gray, Inspector lorimer. never somewhere else. I enjoyed this book , the charachters were good and so was the story. glasgow kiss, I found this one weak because it wasn't a who dunnit, it was a patterson type end. this is the killer deal with it, dissapointing. five ways to kill a man. I did enjoy this one, even with the change of location and the crowbarring in of solly brightman. stephen leather, dan spider sheperd, rough justice, unfortunately I found this to be a rewrite of Soft target with too much personal goings on in the life of spider as opposed to the investigation in the story, disappointed and Fair game, I really enjoyed this one , there more action and Less spider sorting out his life. I have just started Connelly, Haller, the fifth witness and am enjoying it so far page132/559.

• 3 weeks later...

On the rebus front, I have read knots & crosses, mortal causes and am halfway through black and blue, I have enjoyed these so far and will be looking out for those I haven't got.

I'm going to be reading Ian Rankin for a while as I have just ordered another 7 books. Finished Black and Blue gone back to strip jack as recently bought.