I am David by Anne Holm

Laramie

Hello there...

Anne Holm wrote 'I am David', I read it years ago and I thought it was wonderful. A film was made of it too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327919/

:roll:

It looks great. David looked just how I imagined him.

I read it at school too :)

I read it at school, but not because I was told to! :blush: (it was in my school library) I can't remember what made me pick it up now - especially as it is classed as a historical novel in there - but I'm very glad I did!

I seem to recall it being pretty good.

It is!! It is!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
It's funny this should come up. I read this in school many years ago and have lately been wanting to track down a copy to read it again. I seem to recall it being pretty good.

Going on from my post of a few years ago, I did find a copy of this book and re-read it last year. It really is very good, and I'd recommend it to anyone. It's a very touching story.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I first read this book as a child then later after leaving home; I've not read it for years again, now, but it's definitely due for a re-read. It is a beautiful, life-affirming book about the power of the human spirit. The prose style is simple but nonetheless conveys an eye for small yet important detail, and has a control which emphasises rather than eliminates the poetry of the author's words. Although a children's book, it has more depth than many adult novels I have read and is hugely moving. Definitely recommended!