Hi from HoneyGirl

HoneyGirl

Hello everyone, I am Danielle, aged 26 and from County Durham. I was looking for a forum to chat about books and came across this place via Google, I didn't bother to look anywhere else as I thought that it looked just perfect here - so here I am :D

I am an avid reader of non-fiction, I love books about people's lives and experiences, I also enjoy history and the occasional fiction book, but I much prefer to fill my mind with facts rather than a story. I have started this year to collect all the books which fit into my category and I have built up quite a little bookshelf in my bedroom now. I also scour the charity shops for bargains or out of print books, I have managed to pick up a fair few so far - excellent!

Aside from reading I am a big fan of cross stitching, I stitch every day and am currently doing a project called Tiger Pool. I have also recently started quilting and I am working on my first ever quilt at the moment, its turning out nicely so far.

Other hobbies include cycling, walking horse riding, tennis, keeping fit, cooking and chatting online (I belong to a cross stitch forum and a weight loss forum also)

I do hope that I can get to know everyone on here, whilst of course swapping ideas about books and reading exciting reviews. I look forward to chatting with you all

Kind regards, Danielle

Hi Honeygirl and welcome, you will find lots of ideas of things to read on here, I used to do cross stitch, and often think I would like to take it up again, I would be interested in finding out what weight loss forum you belong to I haven't found one I like as yet, they are either supporting a particular diet or not very active.

All the best

Hi Dawn and Kirsty, thanks for the welcome - I am loving having a good look around on here.

Dawn I will give you the address of the weight loss forum I use, am I allowed to post links on here? If not I will wait until I can send you a private message.

You should take up cross stitching again, its really relaxing I find :)

Hi HoneyGirl welcome. I am sure there are other cross stitchers here if you look in some of the members threads. If you like non fiction have you read Batavia's Graveyard? It is amazing.

Hi Vodkafan, thanks for the welcome. I will have a look for fellow cross stitchers also.

I have not read that book no, infact I have not heard of it before so am off to have a look for it on Amazon, thank you :D

Hi Dawn and Kirsty, thanks for the welcome - I am loving having a good look around on here.

Dawn I will give you the address of the weight loss forum I use, am I allowed to post links on here? If not I will wait until I can send you a private message.

You should take up cross stitching again, its really relaxing I find :)

Thanks

Hi Danielle

I'm pretty new here myself. Everyone is so very friendly .It's sounds like you like a lot of the same type books I do .Maybe we'll have a buddy read sometime where we can both read the same book .

Sounds as if you have lots of hobbies to keep you busy !

Hi Julie, that sounds like a good idea and I am glad to find someone who likes similar books to I do. I am just currently reading Billy Brown, I'll tell your Mother, its great - really enjoying it, I've actually been laughing through out it, he can certainly tell a good story.

Good morning Honey

I haven't heard of the book you are reading ,but there are many that others mention that I haven't heard of,probably just due to the fact that I live so far from most of you and I don't keep up with the popular books from overseas .Is your book like a memoir ? I like reading them,also history, and true stories. I like fiction, but usually like a book that can teach me something about life .I think as I've gotten older, my taste in books has changed somewhat .

Hi Honeygirl ... welcome :) Looking forward to seeing you around the forum and chatting. I bought my mum the Billy Brown book cos she loves memoirs set in the 40's/50's and she loved it so much she hasn't stopped lending it out since. It was one of my rare successes in finding a book that she won't abandon half way through :D

Well at least it was good investment Poppy if lots of people are getting to read it :D Thank you for the welcome also, I love it here already!

Good morning Honey

I haven't heard of the book you are reading ,but there are many that others mention that I haven't heard of,probably just due to the fact that I live so far from most of you and I don't keep up with the popular books from overseas .Is your book like a memoir ? I like reading them,also history, and true stories. I like fiction, but usually like a book that can teach me something about life .I think as I've gotten older, my taste in books has changed somewhat .

Julie, it is a memoir and is very interesting. I shall probably finish it tonight and it can go back to the library then I can pick another book from there to start. I have found you a link from Amazon for Billy Brown, I'll tell your mother, so that you can see what its about, it also gives you a little preview of the first couple of pages.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Billy-Brown-Tell-Your-Mother/dp/1409120945/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319646314&sr=8-1

Edited by HoneyGirl

Hi,

I only just joined but I read your introduction and wanted to say hello. I love looking in charity shops for funny little books, or just cheap copies of well known ones! :D I also used to cross stitch. My mum got me into it. I never did anything too big or anything. I used to love making up my own patterns or making people cards or book marks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I only just joined but I read your introduction and wanted to say hello. I love looking in charity shops for funny little books, or just cheap copies of well known ones! :D I also used to cross stitch. My mum got me into it. I never did anything too big or anything. I used to love making up my own patterns or making people cards or book marks.

Hi there Sally, sorry for the delay in answering but I only just found it, I had forgotten I'd made this thread - oops! :smile2: I adore a good trip to the charity shop, if I find a bargain of a book I can be pleased about it all week! I recently got Angela's Ashes for 30p which I was well chuffed with as its in good condition too.

Cross stitching is one of my main hobbies, I prefer the big designs to the smaller ones though. What made you stop doing stitching?

Hi and welcome!

I don't read much non-fiction, but I am drinking a large cup of tea with honey in it right now <3 :D

Ahh, how refreshing! My love of honey comes from hot toddies in winter ;)