2012 Genre Challenge

Kell

I already have a stack of books waiting to be read next year (mostly larger ones that I have been avoiding this year to help complete my 52 books a year challenge) but I will see if I can match any of those up with the genres in this challenge. Although I am rubbish at know what goes under what genre (thats why I can never find anything in the library/book shops)

question

the genre that is "published in 2012" is that just the book has to be published in 2012 or first time author published in 2012 ?

• 2 weeks later...

You can count me in

Kell, I really want to do this challenge, the maxi challenge, but can I just check something before I sign up? So each month will be a different genre, so January could be historical fiction, February could be War etc?

If you are doing the maxi challenge then yuo just pick 12 genres and read at least one of each genre for each month, it doesn't matter which month you do it in and you can re read the same genre in a different month as long as you read another genre with it, does that help?

Exactly what ER said. As long as each month you read one book from one of the genres on the list - a different one each month if doing the Maxi challenge (follow the gruides for the Midi and Mini challenges). You can read 12 different genres in a month if you really like, or you could dedicate each month to solely reading books from a single genre each month, but the idea is to open everyone up to trying something a bit different, even if they just read one each month (which is how I plan to do it).

You can change your genres at any point so long as you keep to the rules. EG you might start out saying you're going to do historical fiction in January, but if you find you're more in the mood for a Western, nobody's going to scream "You can't do that!" Just switch your historical reading to a different month instead. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sounds fun...but I know I would fall by the wayside with this. Have fun all those who have signed up though. I may look at setting a challenge that doesn't have a time scale on it....lol.

I'm loving that people are getting on board with this challenge. :)

I'm finding it way more fun than I thought it would be selecting books for each genre. I am doing a Maxi-Maxi challenge with two every month, 24 in all.

By the way Kell here is my link:

http://www.bookclubforum.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/9534-vodkafans-2012-reading-list-and-genre-challenge/