Has anyone got a book I can borrow please?

Star

Hi guys

Sorry to be cheeky :blush: I don't suppose anyone out there has 1 of these books that they wouldn't mind lending me have they? Unfortunately I don't have many books to swap as I mainly get mine from the library so my book collection is very minimal. I do have a couple though if you are interested but nothing that exciting I'm afraid.

I'll return it back as soon as I've read it & will return it in the same condition I borrowed it in :D

I'm itching to read the following books but sadly there seems to be a long waiting list of reservations at my local library on them, meaning I probs won't get to read them until next year at some point :huh:

They are ....

Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater (possibly the first 2 books in the series but the main 1 I'm having a problem with getting is the last book)

If anyone would be so kind please will you PM me :smile2:

Many thanks my lovelies

x

Edited by Star

Sorry, I can't help with the titles you are after. I know what you mean about library waiting lists, I've become a bit canny with ordering books. Now, I keep an eye on what books are going to be released in the nearish future and get my order in quick, our library system lets you order books that they have on order, so I am very often the first person to read that book. :)

Hmmmmm I wonder if I can do that :rolleyes:

I have to search for titles I'm looking for so not sure if they say if it's on order or not. I'll have to check it out.

How do you hear of books before they are released? Probs a daft question lol :blush:

I normally search by title too, if the title comes up I just click reserve now and see what it says! Amazon and Waterstones both have Coming Soon sections, or you can look at specific authors websites to see if they have anything new due out. :)

Thanks will keep a look out & try get in there quick :smile2:

hi if you have a sony ereader you can download books from your county libarys ebooks lot quicker then waiting list although you might still have some wait good luck keith

No I don't have one. I don't even know what one is lol :blush:

Thanks anyway :)

Edited by Star

Thanks will keep a look out & try get in there quick :smile2:

No I don't have one. I don't even know what one is lol :blush:

Thanks anyway :)

I dunno if it would work this way, but I read some of my books on my phone (HTC Desire, Android phone) there are some nifty ebookreaders in the app store for nothing or next to nothing and they have one for almost every format out there. It all depends on if you have 1. A good phone (doesnt have to be android as long as the screen is big enough for you not to have to turn the page every 2 seconds) 2. your library allowes you to move the file from your pc to your phone.

There are also a lot of free books online that you can download (I beleive they have to be older than 80-100 years? for them to be free and legal)

http://www.baen.com/library/defaultTitles.htm

http://www.gutenberg.org/catalog/

http://www.manybooks.net//

Might want to try one of those links for that.

If you need help/advice on an ebookreader for your phone, just pm me and I'll tell you what to look for. :)