Recommendations on a good suspense thriller

Hey guys

Looking for a good thriller to get stuck in to after my current read.

I wanted to read 'into the darkest corner' by elizabeth haynes but there's a long waiting list for it at my local library at the moment so I'll put that on hold. I also want to read Everything and nothing By Araminta Hall but they're all on loan GRRRRRR :irked:

Anybody got any recommendtations please?

I haven't read a thriller recently.

I'm more of a chick lit girl or YA but want to try something a bit different :readingtwo:

I was thinking maybe Sister by Rosamund Lupton or The Midwife's Confession by Diane Chamberlain although not sure that's classed as a thriller . Has anybody read these? Thoughts?

Edited by Star

Sister is a great read, not too heavy going either, her second book "Afterwards" was very good too. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is a great thriller but more heavy going with lots of names to remember. Before I Go To Sleep has had some great reviews on here too...

Sister is a great read, not too heavy going either, her second book "Afterwards" was very good too. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is a great thriller but more heavy going with lots of names to remember. Before I Go To Sleep has had some great reviews on here too...

Thanks for stopping by.

I have stumbled across Before I go to sleep but there's a really long wait for that at the library also. It's on my wish list though.

Not sure if I fancy the Girl with the dragon Tattoo. Not sure why but I've never been struck by it. Might be something to do with the cover I'm not sure (I know I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover lol) :doh: or whether it's because it's a heavy read I'm not sure.

I might try Sister then seeing as you enjoyed it.

Btw I noticed you had The midwifes Confession on your list. Have you got round to reading it yet?

x

Edited by Star

How about Cuckoo by Julia Crouch? Have a search, my review should be around somewhere.

Thanks Michelle. This sounds right up my street.

I will reserve this from my library online now. All copies on loan at the moment :(

I've downloaded the sample of Sister because I like thrillers. So really this thread has helped me too!

Glad to have helped :giggle:

I think I'm going to end up getting that too.

What do you think so far from the sample?

x

Think I'm going to go for Where the truth lies by Julie Corbin

From the back cover .....

Claire's husband has been keeping secrets. About the whereabouts of the witness to the murder trial he's prosecuting . And about the letters he's been getting, threatening to kill their four-year-old, unless he tells the blackmailer where the witness is hiding. With their daughter's life at stake, it is left to Claire to untangle the web of lies and half-truths and find out just who might be responsible. And to stop them. Before it's too late.

Anyone read this? Thoughts?

x

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just read "The Church on Foster Drive" by Taylor Y. Lime. It was a crime thriller/romance with college students as the main characters. I enjoyed it. As far as I know, it seems to be available only as a Kindle eBook.