All about Kirbyland1986

kirbyland1986

THE BASICS:

Full Name – Annabel Hughes (but everyone calls me Annie)

Age – Twenty-five

Location – East Anglian (UK)

Marital Status/Children – married and expecting

Date You Joined The Book Club Forum – 1st October 2011

Favourite bands/singers - I like alsorts, I listen to anything

Favourite movies - Sweer home to Alabama,Lake House, (but I watch alsorts)

Favourite books - Ps. I love you, Where Rainbow ends, Nannys Secret, (again I love alsorts of books)

Favourite authors - I love alsorts of Authors...

little more about me

anyway I joined the book club forum because I wanted to share what I have read and talk about it and see what other books people would suggest! and now I am pregnant I possible be reading when I can!

also I love to write so maybe I will put my work on here and see what you all think!

at the moment I am about a quarter of way into The Island and I love it! It has made me cry a few times already good book ju have to try and make time to read at the moment with my full time work, and getting ready for Feb (when baby's due)

anyway I hope you will accept me in your group!

Hi Annie. Congrats on the baby!! Got any names planned yet? I must admit I have never read nor watched PS I Love You, feel like I am missing out on something. I must say that I doubt think we would really much in common when it comes to books as I tend to lean more towards crime/thriller. But I am always open to reading other genres if the book is right! And welcome to BCF. :friends3:

:giggle2: thanks, yeah we have some names:

girl - Lillie Rose

boy - Noah

I only have ps I love you as my picture because it came up with a photo of me and it was quickly looking for something to change it with!

:readingtwo:

I do love thriller/crime also!

I am kind of person who reads alsorts - Crime, thriller, adventure, romance etc (but I don't really read much of romance - I only have them in my favioute cause brain had a blank moment and they are the only titles I could come up with)

I've never wanted to read Stephen King. He's supposed to be a horror writer but his films just never seem to be scary, they are always disappointing and I can't imagine what his books could be like.

I thinking maybe the books are better than the film I just want to try it and see what I think! but I'm not sure... but like I said I like assorts

Noah's a great name.

I'm kinda baby crazy personally... can't wait to have children in a while!

Welcome to the forum :)

thanks

hehe I know so am I!

:D

Hi - I'm new here too :) Just wanted to say re Stephen King comments, don't judge him by the films - I'm a complete fan and most of the films just don't do them justice.

If you want the tame, but very good, books as intro to him I'd definitely try The Green Mile. More typical ones that come under the horror are Misery - that was great! One recently I read was Full Dark No Stars which has four stories in it, that kept me on edge of my seat!

And no list of good ones to read would be complete without The Stand (full version not the original publication) But that's a REAL doorstop!!!!!!!

Happy reading :readingtwo: