An Unhallowed Grave by Kate Ellis

dawnbirduk

I loved every minute of this book, I grudged every moment I couldn't read. As usual with this author it was well written, with twists and turns along the way. The characters were very real and well thought out. Brilliant.

From Goodreads - When the body of Pauline Brent is found hanging from a yew tree in a local graveyard, DS Wesley Peterson immediately suspects foul play. Meanwhile Wesley's archaeologist friend Neil Watson has excavated a corpse at his nearby dig, that of a young woman who—local legend has it—had been publicly hanged from the very same tree before being buried on unhallowed ground five centuries ago. Wesley is forced to consider the possibility that the killer knows the tree's dark history. Has Pauline also been executed rather than murdered? To catch a dangerous killer Wesley must discover as much as he can about the victim, but Pauline appears to have been a woman with few friends, no relatives, and a past she has carefully tried to hide

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this part of a series? If so which is the first book as I have to read in order :smile:

It is the third book in the Wesley Peterson series. The first one is "The Merchant's House". I like to read books in the order of the series too. I have read and enjoyed the first two and am now ready to read this one. I like the way Kate Ellis links the modern day mystery to events from the past.