Looking for books to add to my wishlist!

Hey all!

I love reading obviously, (why else would I be on a book forum!) Anyway I am dying to find some new books to grip me and enthrall me as a reader. I love general novella, I enjoy historical fantasies, and I enjoy magic and romance. I also love my bit of crime writing. Although my TBR list is longet then my current wishlist, I was hoping for some advice on a new series to well sink my teeth and my small bank balance into! (if not, I can often find good books at my local library anyway)

Only thing is, I don't want a book that is too slow to get into the main plot, I want twists, turns and suspense in every chapter, the last book that did that for me that I read in one sitting was No Time For Goodbye by Linwood Barclay. So something crime based/mystery/drama or fantasy or romance would be great!

I look forward to reading your recommendations :)

Hey BookGeek

Have you tried Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Hayes?

It's on my TBR pile and is a dark thriller. Not sure if that will be what your looking for but it has some amazing reviews on amazon at the moment. Out of 346 reviews it's had 305 5*'s & 25 4 *'s

Here's the link to it on Amazon. Check some of the reviews

http://www.amazon.co..._pr_product_top

From the back cover .........

Catherine has been enjoying single life for long enough to know a good catch when she sees one. Gorgeous, charismatic and spontaneous, Lee seems almost too perfect to be true. But there is a dark side to him and his erratic, controlling and sometimes frightening behaviour means that Catherine is increasingly isolated. Driven into the darkest corner of her world, she plans a meticulous escape. Four years later, struggling to overcome her demons, Catherine dares to believe she might be safe from harm. Until one phone call changes everything...

Let me know what you think

x

Edited by Star

I recently read The Woodcutter by Reginald Hill and thought it was an excellent crime/mystery novel, assuming you haven't already read it: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Woodcutter-Reginald-Hill/dp/0007343906/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316599909&sr=8-1

Also, for historical fantasies, have you tried Guy Gavriel Kay? If not, have a look at:

A Song For Arbonne

The Lions of Al-Rassan

Tigana

Great thread, quite a few of the recommendations sound really good I'll be looking out for them myself :D

Can't really vouch for them myself but my sister has started reading the Flashman books by George Macdonald Fraser & she says they're brilliant & they seem to get a lot of good reviews on Amazon.

Have you read Before I Go To Sleep by S J Watson that's a real page turner.

Edited by Kidsmum

Hey BookGeek

Have you tried Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Hayes?

It's on my TBR pile and is a dark thriller. Not sure if that will be what your looking for but it has some amazing reviews on amazon at the moment. Out of 346 reviews it's had 305 5*'s & 25 4 *'s

Here's the link to it on Amazon. Check some of the reviews

http://www.amazon.co..._pr_product_top

From the back cover .........

Catherine has been enjoying single life for long enough to know a good catch when she sees one. Gorgeous, charismatic and spontaneous, Lee seems almost too perfect to be true. But there is a dark side to him and his erratic, controlling and sometimes frightening behaviour means that Catherine is increasingly isolated. Driven into the darkest corner of her world, she plans a meticulous escape. Four years later, struggling to overcome her demons, Catherine dares to believe she might be safe from harm. Until one phone call changes everything...

Let me know what you think

x

I second this one - I am reading this book at the moment, and it is brilliant !

The other one I would recommend is Before I Go to Sleep by SJ Watson

Wow thanks, a lot of books for me to look out for either on amazon or in my library!

I really like the sound of Before I Go to Sleep and Darkest Corner, I know what next month's paycheck will be spent on, treating myself to some new books, to well add to my huge TBR pile! :)

Edit:

I do have one of Stieg Larsson's books, the second one I think, I managed to read half of it, but then got distracted by another shiny new book as I often tend to read half a books unless it really gets me interested then I move onto another book forgetting about the one I left behind.

Edited by BookGeek20

• 2 weeks later...

For magic and romance you can't go wrong with any book by Patricia McKillip.

Try one of these to start with:

Winter Rose

Alphabet of Thorn

The Changeling Sea

Her writing is beautiful and her books do not usually take a long time to get to the point.

Edited by Pixie