Angel's Doorsteps

Angel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed Painting Mona Lisa. It gave an intriguing possible background to how and why Leonardo Da Vinci painted her. The politics of the time were also interesting and as always with Kalogridis' books I realise how poor my Italian history is!! (In fact it's worse than poor - it's almost non existant :blush::):lol: )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
July's chunky challenge is A Conspiracy of Violence by Susanna Gregory. Set in the early years of the Restoration London. 500 pages

Ooh, I like the sound of this one! And I LOVE your new Mr Darcy avatar!

This is yet another new author for me and so far I'm not disappointed. This book is set in the early years of the Restoration and demonstrates how former spys and prominant men switch their allegence to that of the King Charles II after the fall of Cromwell. It's a part of life that you don't really think about, and the characters are based on some real-life people.

Mr Darcy is lovely .......swoon :)

• 1 month later...

August's challenge was James Herbert's The Secret of Crickley Hall. At over 600 pages it reacquainted me with James Herbert after a break of many years from him. I really quite enjoyed it although it only lasted a couple of days!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ooh, is that the sequel to The Tea Rose? I read The Tea Rose earlier in the year (borrowed it off my Mam) and loved it! Have been thinking of getting hold of the sequel, so I'll be waiting to hear what you think of it. Hope you enjoy it. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...