Are there any books that take place in a bus?

I thought of one myself too, One by Finnish writer Arto Paasilinna, "Hurmaava joukkoitsemurha" (A charming mass suicide), which despite the title is a funny book about a group of people who want to commit suicide, but rather than doing it alone, they arrange a bus trip to do it together. Well, it all ends with them having had so much fun on the trip that they decide living is too much fun for a suicide.

I'm really fascinated: there are even books (and good ones as far as I can tell) about buses!

I thought of one myself too, One by Finnish writer Arto Paasilinna, "Hurmaava joukkoitsemurha" (A charming mass suicide), which despite the title is a funny book about a group of people who want to commit suicide, but rather than doing it alone, they arrange a bus trip to do it together. Well, it all ends with them having had so much fun on the trip that they decide living is too much fun for a suicide.

I'm really fascinated: there are even books (and good ones as far as I can tell) about buses!

Oooh, thanks for that! I've once read the blurb to that novel and wanted to read it but never remembered to add it to my wishlist. Now will :smile2:

I saw All The Materials for a Midnight Feast by Gary Dexter in Waterstone's today and although not a bus trip but a coach journey, it looks quite interesting:

A story of love, nuclear terror and Philip LarkinBorn at the height of the Cuban Missile Crisis, 'at the very moment when the world looked most as if it were going to blow itself up', Nicholas has spent his life in terror of atomic meltdown. Now, on the eve of his 48th birthday, he is on an overnight coach ride to join an anti-nuclear rally at Faslane in Scotland.His fellow travellers remind him of his younger self at Hull University in the 1980s -- a time he spent under the twin clouds of unrequited love and apocalyptic terror. As the coach rumbles through the night, the floodgates of memory open, and Nicholas begins to scrawl episodes from his past into a notebook. At first these memories -- sometimes poignant, sometimes comic, and often involving Philip Larkin -- appear almost random. But in time a picture emerges: of a thwarted first love, and a fragile mind struggling to keep hold of sanity in a world that seems headed for annihilation.This delightful, eccentric novel and its tragi-comic hero will be relished by mavericks and misfits, rebels and renegades the world over.