That special moment

Frodo

Hi Everyone.

I'm Dave from Kent.

Those special moments in a book. You know whatever happens, however tight for time, you must just finish the end of the page. To find out what happens. It wont be the last time, I am sure, when I have missed my get off stop on the bus. Sailed on, wrapped in the book. My recent speical moment, happened today. Reading a white knuckle thriller, murder mystery, NOW YOU SEE ME, by SJ Bolton. DC Lacey Flint, just has to open the back door of her house. And you are desperately trying to tell her not to. She has to step out into the dark garden. To find the source of the strange music, emanating from the bottom of the garden.

That was mine, what's your's please. Be so interested to know. :-)

Dave.

I've had a few books that made me feel like this, although I've never missed my bus stop since reading while moving makes me feel sick :blush:

The ones that came to mind straight away were Carlos Ruiz Zaphon's 'The Shadow of the Wind' and Pullman's 'The Amber Spyglass'.

I've had a few... Donna Tartt's Secret History - everything was falling apart and I simply couldn't abandon those characters, had to stick around - and more recently, Elizabeth Kostova's The Swan Thieves - two chapters in, I was hooked and decided to stay up and finish it, afteral, who needs sleep when you have a good book.

• 2 weeks later...

In literature it's called the culmination, I guess. I had this moment when I was reading Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. I was riding on a bus and when I got to the moment when Santiago realized where his treasure really was hidden I had this dumb expression on my face, this stupid smile and I couldn't help myself I shed a tear. Some people looked at me probably thinking "what's wrong with that girl?". :giggle2:

I read in bed a lot, and I've had a few bleary morning caused by reading "just one more page/chapter". The last two Harry Potters stick out as being particularily bad for that!

Ian

I do it all the time, you frequently find me up til about 2 or 3 on a week night when I have to get up for work, in the morning I read in bed before getting up for work, usually its after I have made my breakfast (which I have in bed) then suddenly realise its 8.25 and I need to be in the office by 9am and still haven't dried my hair!