TableTennis

Steven Preece

We played table tennis at my secondary school and I thought it was fun but, to be honest, none of us were very good and probably got more exercise out of chasing the run-away balls around the sports hall :blush:

I'm a good league player, but there are better players in my club than me. However, I do enjoy it and it is a hell of a work out at the level I play at. I've been playing tonight and am absolutely shattered now and ready for bed. :Zzzz: After a shower of course. :D

Steve

Edited by Steven Preece

I've played table tennis for about three/four years now. I played for a while at school, and got pretty good - well, good enough to play in the school team in a few competitions against other schools. It's one of the only sports I'm any good at, and I used to take it quite seriously. I stopped playing as competitively though, and then gradually due to having to do other things, started to not play at all. Now I only ever play a lot for a couple of weeks a year on holiday, but I feel if I played regularly I could be a half-decent player; perhaps at university I could see if there's some sort of team.

I've played table tennis for about three/four years now. I played for a while at school, and got pretty good - well, good enough to play in the school team in a few competitions against other schools. It's one of the only sports I'm any good at, and I used to take it quite seriously. I stopped playing as competitively though, and then gradually due to having to do other things, started to not play at all. Now I only ever play a lot for a couple of weeks a year on holiday, but I feel if I played regularly I could be a half-decent player; perhaps at university I could see if there's some sort of team.

That sounds like a good idea. It is a great sport that will inevitably keeping your fitness levels up.

And, like most forms of exercise its a great stress buster.

Steve

That sounds like a good idea. It is a great sport that will inevitably keeping your fitness levels up.

And, like most forms of exercise its a great stress buster.

Definitely, and I'll need something extra-curricular to do I guess.. it'd be good to get into playing properly again, I really enjoy it.

Definitely, and I'll need something extra-curricular to do I guess.. it'd be good to get into playing properly again, I really enjoy it.

I've played on and off since I was a kid and have found that it takes around 3 to 4 months to truly get my form back where it was before I walked away from it. I've just hit that level once again and it does feel good.

Steve