Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch

ian

Just because you said so, it doesn't make it true! I think you need to tell the various online booksellers, because they are definitely listing August. And Orion Publishing itself has the hardback release date as 25 August.

From Google, just now:

post-4599-0-55333000-1463524902_thumb.jpg

So June was right, until very recently at least...

Anyway, quoting Australian dates is a misnomer anyway because everyone knows it takes longer to print type upside down.

:) Ignoring the joke part of your comment, The Book Depository, who publication date I first quoted, is based in the UK, as is Orion Publishing. I also confirmed it with Amazon UK before writing my post. So there. :P

I'm happy to be proven wrong with the release date, and maybe it will indeed be made available before then, but I'm just going by what I can find online, not by what you wrote on 20 April and the first thing that Google shows (I saw the same thing, but scrolled past it for more info :P).

At least the Kindle and print version release dates agree with each other now (20th October).

This is the second time this has been pushed back, it was originally due out last year.  I wonder why there is a delay?

Well, mystery sort of solved, it seems there is no official release date. Ben Aaronovitch tweeted a Hanging Tree announcement saying 'release date currently in flux - it's totally my fault and I will give a definite date as soon as I have one.'

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 1:42 PM, Raven said:

Next book, Lies Sleeping, is out on Nov. 6th!  Hurrah!

Well, 15th as it turned out, but 16th for me...

And I managed to pick up a signed copy as well - Hurrah!

I know what I'll be doing for most of the weekend!

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Raven said:

Not finished this yet - torn between wanting to know what happens next/enjoying new Peter Grant! (Will finish this weekend).

I can't wait to read Lies Sleeping! Are you enjoying it so far? 

Did you see the news about the new novella too? October Man will be coming out on the 13th June!

8 hours ago, Hayley said:

I can't wait to read Lies Sleeping! Are you enjoying it so far? 

Did you see the news about the new novella too? October Man will be coming out on the 13th June!

It's very good, so far - with about 80 pages to go!

Yes, I did hear about October Man. Did you know it is the first in a series of four novellas? This one is set in Germany, one will be set in the US and the final one will be about Nightingale during WWII (can't remember what the other is at this point!).

• 6 months later...
On 14/06/2019 at 2:05 PM, Raven said:

Half way through October Man, the new novella that was published this week, and the first to not be written from Peter Grant's POV (indeed, it is set entirely in Germany - so far!).

I haven't got it yet, is it good so far??

3 hours ago, Hayley said:

I haven't got it yet, is it good so far??

Finished it this afternoon (being a novella it is only 180 pages long).

I enjoyed it, but I do have a minor criticism that I won't share until you've read it!

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/06/2019 at 6:30 PM, Raven said:

Finished it this afternoon (being a novella it is only 180 pages long).

I enjoyed it, but I do have a minor criticism that I won't share until you've read it!

I finished it last night! What was your minor criticism? I kept wondering while I was reading it but I don't think I can guess.

I can see why you went back to read Rivers of London now too, it has a lot of connections to the first book doesn't it?

What did you think... 

Spoiler

of the way the Tobi and Vanessa story mirrors the start of Peter and Lesley one?