1st book for someone who's never read Agatha Christie?

I've been inspired tonight but I don't know where to start!

Obviously I must have seen a hundred adaptations but I've never read a single one of her books. (Though I did name one of my Blythe dolls after her! :D) Ideally I'm not looking for anything Poirot, simply because I think I'll know them too well. I'm leaning towards A Caribbean Mystery but again thats based solely on the fact I like the tv versions. I'd love some recommendations that would be completely new to me. Thanks for your help.

I've been inspired tonight but I don't know where to start!

Obviously I must have seen a hundred adaptations but I've never read a single one of her books. (Though I did name one of my Blythe dolls after her! :D) Ideally I'm not looking for anything Poirot, simply because I think I'll know them too well. I'm leaning towards A Caribbean Mystery but again thats based solely on the fact I like the tv versions. I'd love some recommendations that would be completely new to me. Thanks for your help.

You could start with 'And Then There Were None.' The first Christie book I read was a Poirot story called 'Peril At End House.'

Maybe start with some short stories first. I've got "The Thirteen Problems" on my Kindle which I picked up for next to nothing - they are all Miss Marple stories and they are quite good.

My first Agatha Christie book was The Pale Horse, it doesn't have Hercule Poirot or Miss Marple in!!

From the Agatha Christie website

To understand the strange events at The Pale Horse inn, Mark Easterbrook knew he had to begin at the beginning. But where exactly was the beginning? Was it the savage blow to the back of Father Gorman's head? Or the priest's visit, just minutes before, to a woman on her death bed? Or was there a deeper significance to the violent squabble which Mark Easterbrook had himself witnessed earlier?

The novel is the only one to feature Ariadne Oliver where she solves a crime in the absence of Hercule Poirot. It was published in 1961