Hi All, I'm Lynda from Australia

codysmum

Hi everyone, just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Lynda and I live in Adelaide, South Australia. I am a 37 year old Mum of 1 boy aged 7.

I'm the first to admit that I am a readaholic and can go through 2-3 books a week. I read exclusively Chick Lit/Romance books and will read books over and over again if I love them. I have tried other genres but always go back to the chick lit type books.

I have a particular passion for Irish/English authors. My fave authors include Monica McInerney, Cathy Kelly, Catherine Alliott, Erica James, Debbie Macomber, Danielle Steel, Ilsa Evans, Sheila Oflanagan, Jane Green and my most recent favourite Melissa Hill, I have just finished reading Something from Tiffanys by Melissa Hill and at the moment I am reading Catherine Alliotts' A Rural Affair.

I am lucky enough to have a large library local to me and am quite quick at booking new books coming out so I'm usually one of the first to get them :) I'm desperately waiting for Monica McInerneys new book Lola's Secret and Debbie Macombers new books for the Cedar Cove Series, which I devour, along with the Blossom Street series.

I'm relatively new to forums but look forward to meeting alot of other book lovers, especially as I don't know alot of people who love my type of books like I do and can't wait to be able to start discussing my fave books with like minded readers :)

Hello Lynda! :welcome2:

If you like Irish authors and chicklit/romance, you should try Anna McPartlin's books. I'm sure you'll like them, and they seem to be marketed towards that genre although I think they have more substance to them and are very well written. (A word of warning - they have reissued some of her books under different titles, so don't buy the same book twice!)

:17: Lynda!

I've toured through east Australia a few years ago and I liked it, but I never came to Adelaide. :rolleyes:

:17: Lynda!

I've toured through east Australia a few years ago and I liked it, but I never came to Adelaide. :rolleyes:

Welcome Lynda :) Can't believe you are a chick lit fan who likes Irish authors and you haven't mentioned Maeve Binchy or Cecilia Ahern (or is that because you hate them lol).

hey emmylou, I do like cecilia ahern but I'm afraid maeve binchy's books, I've never been able to quite get into

WOW!! thanks for the warm welcomes everyone, I definately look forward to being a regular contributor and getting to know new people :)