Introducing Gareth in Sheffield

Garethj

Hi, I've just discovered this forum and am looking round. I run a Reading Group in Sheffield (we could do with more men) and am a devoted fan of the Kindle. I've always read in quantity and I hope quality too, and I find that I'm reading even more since switching to e-books. I'm concerned about the impact on bookshops, though I believe that the need to innovate will inspire creative responses to the change in reading habits. I'd also like to see a quick and easy way to swap ebokks or at least loan them to friends.

Hi and welcome Gareth

I also ran through Sheffield train station! However, my son in law comes from Sheffield and his parents live there, so I do have sort of connection. :wink:

I would love to go to a Reading Group, but round here they are during the day, and I work :(

Edited by dawnbirduk

:17:

Welcome to the forum, Gareth1

I attended a reading circle for a few years but gave up on it when my free time became a bit limited and I wanted to read what I chose. The circle began chosing three to four thick books per month and thats very close to my pensum. :(

Hello there,

I am a noobie on here but looking forward to taking some inspiration along the way.

I too, am also a newly converted soul and have my addictions firmly rooted within my Kindle devotion!

What would you describe as your preferred ready genre? Plus authors if you are feeling really generous ;-)

reading*