The Impossible Quest™ to find this book!

I know this isn't much to go on, but I saw a book today on someone's desk and I tried to take a surreptitious picture of it on my ancient mobile phone! It came out too fuzzy though and I can't remember the author's name or the name of the book! All I know is that it's set somewhere in the Mediterranean - maybe beginning with C and possibly Cyprus. I think the author was a woman.

I've tried sharpening the picture up but it won't work.

I realise that this is nothing to go on at all, but maybe someone will recognise the fuzzy picture!

Whatisit.jpg

I'm terribly impressed! :D I have to say though that now I've read the 'blurb' properly I'm not sure it sounds like my type of book! I saw it on a desk and was curious what it was! :giggle2:

Anyway, thanks again - I bow down to your geekiness! 001notworthy.gif

How did you find it?

How did you find it?

Ok, here's my instructions for how to be a geek like me.

• First of all you mentioned you thought it was set on a Meditteranean island, possibly Cyprus, so that gave me a clue as to what type of book it was
  • Next I thought that the cover looked like it had some sort of biplane, and was therefore probably set in or around the time of the second world war
  • So, I went to the Amazon books page, and onto the Fiction section
  • Looking at the Bestsellers list, I went to the page for another book which had a cover I thought would be similar to the style of this book
  • On that page, there's the "Customer's who bought this also bought this" section, and I scrolled through that
  • Although it was a grainy picture, I thought I could pick out that the authors first name was longer than the surname so that was another clue
  • This book had a very similar front cover to the back cover, with the tree coming in from the left side and the plane near the top of the picture and the authors name fitted, so I hoped that my guess was right, and fortunately I was right!