The X Factor

no-1-book-fan

Janet blew me away with the voice, it sounded exactly like Ellie Goulding's version and there are similarities with Diana Vickers.

No one else really stood out, Frankie had a decent voice but the attitude has to change and Kitty was not very likeable and painful to listen to.

The guy at the end was a disgrace, he hasn't changed at all, once he was criticised, he proved himself to be the foul mouthed mess that he is!

The woman from Hong Kong was bizzare, not bad for a first audition!

The judging panel really impressed me, Tulisa is feisty and can stick up for herself, there are inveitable comparisons with Cheryl.

Kelly adds an American touch and it's refreshing to see a black female judge, and Gary is taking over the Simon Cowell anchor role.

Edited by Chrissy
Removed external link

I actually liked this newer show. the judges were a nice change - loving tulisa and kelly at the moment, not sure if they'll grate on the old nerves after a while. Loving Louis as usual, just because he's hilariously foolish!

I wasn't all that impressed with that girl Janet, not because she couldn't sing, because I'm sure she can... but why they would praise an irish girl for mimicing that awful london accent singing people are doing at the moment, I have no clue- why mimic someone elses voice? it's just a little bit annoying,

all in all it was a great show though - looking forward to the series! :D

Is it me or is there a lot more people writing their own rap verses to put in the middle of songs - mixing things up a bit, since Cher's success last year?

I missed the first episode, but last night Misha, The Keys, and Craig were the picks for me..

The girl at the end of last week's show who sang Respect really irritated me. No one has really stood out for me yet this year, but that's true to be said of the last couple of years.

Gary Barlow as a judge makes perfect sense and although Tulisa and Kelly Rowland are proving quite insightful, I was still a little surprised by their inclusion on the judging panel.

• 4 weeks later...

The 'big twist' ruined the first live show. There is no way Amelia should have gone because the girls group is the best category, you can't possibly give equal weighting to that category in comparison to the over's. The judges probably made the correct decisions with all the acts.

I have to admit, this series of the X factor has left me a bit cold. Ignoring the fact that I never buy anything the winner records anyway (ok not quite true, I em bought the Alexandra Burke album), There was no one who really stood out for me, but if I had to pick anyone, I like Janet and Misha. I just hope the winner gets an original song for their first single, I still haven't gotten over Matt Cardle murdering Many of Horror last year

Nu Vibe definately deserved to go last night, there performance in the live show was bad enough, never mind the showing in the sing off. They had one or two that could sing by themselves but when they sang all together it sounded awful. Frankie can be thankful they were that bad.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm torn.. I find it very unfair that she enters the contest now, when others have already been kicked off. However, it was a really good performance! I also enjoyed Marcus and Craig, and I was disappointed in Kitty, as I've liked her up 'til now. Janet, I have to say, really annoys me!

• 1 year later...

So, love it or hate it, X Factor is back on our screens tonight for it's 10th year!  (Yep, 10!)

I'm an absolute sucker for this and I've watched it every year. It's an essential part of my festive build up :D

Who else will be tuning in tonight?