Transworld Book Group

Kell

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't they post the books in the order which we put them in? :huh:

Okay, scratch that! I just received my first book (wohoo! :D) and it was Christopher Fowler's The Water Room, which I put third on my list of books. I don't mind though, it was kind of fun to get a totally different book from what I was expecting, and now, the next time, I can expect the unexpected.

By the way, is there a deadline as to when these books are all supposed to be read and reviewed? On the Transworld Book Group Reading Challenge website they say that 'running from August to October', so is the end of October a deadline? I was just wondering because if it would take me a week or two to read one book and review it, and then it would take them over a week to deliver the next one, I'm not sure if I can make it in time.

^ Happy reading, Laura, I almost chose Caligula myself, can't wait to see what you make of it :)

By the way, how do you guys attach the Transworld Book Group pic on your TBG related posts? I tried going through the usual route, on that tool bar next to bold, italics...emoticons, but it says add url for image. Don't have an url, only the pic on my computer. Then thought about the 'click to attach a file', but doesn't that make the pics very small and you have to click on them on the post to get the full size picture and it comes as a 'separate entity' on top of the post and well, the whole thread? Sorry, there's no better way I can explain it :blush:

I LOVED Caligula - really great read. I'm almost finished my 2nd one - Black Swan Rising (although I keep wantnig to call it Black Hawk Down - LOL!).

^ Happy reading, Laura, I almost chose Caligula myself, can't wait to see what you make of it :)

By the way, how do you guys attach the Transworld Book Group pic on your TBG related posts? I tried going through the usual route, on that tool bar next to bold, italics...emoticons, but it says add url for image. Don't have an url, only the pic on my computer. Then thought about the 'click to attach a file', but doesn't that make the pics very small and you have to click on them on the post to get the full size picture and it comes as a 'separate entity' on top of the post and well, the whole thread? Sorry, there's no better way I can explain it :blush:

I use the URL that was included in the email that they sent me to attach it as a photo if that makes sense?

I LOVED Caligula - really great read. I'm almost finished my 2nd one - Black Swan Rising (although I keep wantnig to call it Black Hawk Down - LOL!).

I can't wait to read it more since reading your reveiw on it :) I loved Black Swan Rising too :)

I use the URL that was included in the email that they sent me to attach it as a photo if that makes sense?

That would make sense if only I could find the url in my e-mail... :rolleyes:

Edit: I continued my search and tried clicking mouse on top of pic and yeah, I got it now. Thanks Laura for the help :friends3:

Edit: Tried adding the image on a post on my reading blog, but couldn't, the notice said: "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board." Weird?

Edited by frankie

Has anyone had a third book from them yet? I posted my review of my 2nd book last week and emailed them to show them were it was, but I've not even had an acknowledgement from them yet. Anyone else?

Oooh I've just joined this too, got my first book this week and hoping to finish it by tomorrow!

The books I chose were:

Teacher, Teacher! By Jack Sheffield

The Secrets Between Us By Louise Douglas

Death Sentence by Mikkel Birkegaard

The Obscure Logic of the Heart by Priya Basil

Has anyone read any of the others on my list? What do you think?

Your list doesn't cross over with mine at all and I've never read any of them before. Hope you enjoy them.

My third book, Crippen by John Boyne, arrived this morning, so I'll be starting it this evening before I start work. :)

I've nearly finished The Secrets Between Us, and have mixed feelings about. Most have loved it though! :)

The last one on your list is my 3rd choice.

I'm really looking forward to the next few arriving. The first one is nice and a fun read but not exactly gripping :D!

I also with the transworld Book Group. I read and reviewed my first book. The Colour of death and I loved it. I recieved my second one in the post today. Twelve by Jasper Kent. I have wanted to read this for a while. Can't wait to start reading.

Ooh, I have The Colour of Death as my last pick, so I'm glad to hear of it benig enjoyed.

I started Crippen last night and enjoyed it so much that I've already hit page 157! It's 500 pages long and I think it's going to whizz by as it's just so damned good! :)

I only have about 80 pages left of Crippen and I am LOVING it! Been doing a little research on the man himself and apparently there's good reason to believe he didn't actually kill his wife as was origianlly believed as modern DNA testing on the samples taken from the body parts found buried on his property have turned out to be that of a male, not a female! Of course, we'll never know for sure - al lwe know is that he was hanged for the crime...