Book for holiday

Hello everyone

This is my first time posting here and my first time on any book forum!

I'm looking for a new book to read whilst I'm on holiday.

My favourite books...

The Artemis fowl books, have read all of them.

I like Maria Synder. From her I've read, poison study, magic study, fire study, storm glass, sea glass and spy glass.

I've read some Garth Nix. Sabriel, lireal and abhorsen.

So I like fantasy/sci fi stuff and as you probably noticed ilike it when the story carries on into other books and stuff. Trilogies etc.

And I'm 19 but looove to read and will consider anything really. I've just put 'the left hand of god' onto my iPad so will start reading that soon and maybe get the next one if it's any good.

Sorry if the post is bait vague or doesn't flow, not too sure what to say!

I look forward to talking to everyone here and hearing your recommendations!

:-)

Hi :welcome2: I think there's quite a lot of books that fit your description but the first that came to mind were:

'The Black Magician' Trilogy - Trudi Canavan (the first of these is 'The Magicians' Guild' followed by 'The Novice' and 'The High Lord')

'His Dark Materials' Trilogy - Phillip Pullman (starts with 'Northern Lights' then 'the subtle knife' and 'the amber spyglass')

I'd also recommend any of Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels - because I love Terry Pratchett :giggle:

My recommendation would be The Carbon Diaries 2015 by Saci Lloyd. And if you like that one, you could then try The Carbon Diaries 2017! Both excellent books in my opinion. :smile2:

And also, there's the fantastic series of the four books of The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare (which if you enjoyed might then lead you to the first of her new series which is a prequel to TMI, called Clockwork Angel)

Edited by chesilbeach

Wow guys! Lots of great suggestions! Thanks so much :-D it seems I've come to the right place!

Hayley...you talk about the black magician trilogy. I looked it up on Wikipedia to get a general idea and it said that the magicians apprentice came before the other three books? Would you include this or not?