John Connolly is coming to me libraray!

So yes John Connolly is doing a talk and book signing at my local library. I got my ticket today (the very first one) and I am still literally jumping about with excitement. The people I have told about this so far have said: oh. Never heard of him. Is he a writer? What does he write? Oh. It's quite disheartening to be honest. I know authors aren't exactly celebrities and I know most people don't devour books like I do, but seriously Is he a writer? No he's just signing books that other people have written. :doh: Is anyone excited for me that I get to meet him? please? :rant::hide::dunno::banghead::badmood::117:

I must confess, I had to google John Connolly, but it seems to me I have read some of him a long time ago.

But I can imagine, how exited you must be, to get a chance to meet your favourite author.

Just tell your friends, which don't understand, it must be like meeting a film star to them. :D

I hope so much, that sometimes I get a chance like this. :giggle2:

I'm just going to take the new one to be signed. Actually I'm going to buy 2 copies so I can read one and then get the other signed and just put it away (in a plastic bag so it doesn't get damaged). :D:giggle2: I've got 8 days to read it before I actually meet him. :exc::cows::jump::wub:

So yes John Connolly is doing a talk and book signing at my local library. I got my ticket today (the very first one) and I am still literally jumping about with excitement. The people I have told about this so far have said: oh. Never heard of him. Is he a writer? What does he write? Oh. It's quite disheartening to be honest. I know authors aren't exactly celebrities and I know most people don't devour books like I do, but seriously Is he a writer? No he's just signing books that other people have written. :doh: Is anyone excited for me that I get to meet him? please? :rant::hide::dunno::banghead::badmood::117:

I am!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

I'm very excited for you, and quite jealous! Does this mean you will be the very first person in line? Are you going to take a camera and get a pic taken with him? Tell him hello from BCF! (Just kidding, you don't really have to. :wink:)